ACADEMIC CREDIT PROTECTION POLICY
Academic Credit Protection is the intervention that occurs after the end of a nine weeks grading period. This policy is designed to allow all students to pass the nine weeks grading period. The teacher will develop a Credit Recovery Contract with the student, and the parent/care provider. The teacher will work outside of class time with the students to master content at a minimum of 80% in order for students to earn a passing course nine weeks grade of 70.
ACADEMIC CREDIT RECOVERY POLICY
Academic Credit Recovery is the intervention that occurs after the end of a semester. This policy is designed to allow all students to pass for the semester. The teacher will develop a Credit Recovery Contract with the student, and the parent/care provider. The teacher will work outside of class time with the students to master content at a minimum of 80% in order for students to earn a passing course semester grade of 70.
ACADEMIC GRADING POLICY
“A” 90 – 100 EXCELLENT ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT
“B” 80 – 89 ABOVE AVERAGE ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT
“C” 70 – 79 AVERAGE ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT
“F” 69 – 0 DID NOT MEET ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT STANDARDS
ACADEMIC GRADING GUIDELINES
CLASSWORK 20 PERCENT (8 ASSIGNMENTS PER NINE WEEKS)
TEST 20 PERCENT (5 ASSESSMENTS PER NINE WEEKS)
QUIZ 10 PERCENT (5 ASSESSMENTS PER NINE WEEKS)
PROJECT 20 PERCENT (1 PER NINE WEEKS. SOME PROJECTS HAVE MULTIPLE PARTS.)
Weekly Writing 10 PERCENT (1 PER WEEK, VARYING TOPICS, GUIDED AND FREE FORM)
NINE WEEKS EXAM 20 PERCENT (1 ASSESSMENTS PER NINE WEEKS)
SEMESTER EXAM 20 PERCENT OF THE SEMESTER GRADE
CITIZENSHIP GRADING POLICY
E – EXCELLENT No verbal discipline or written referral, tardy, truancy or unexcused absence
S – SATISFACTORY Not more than 1 verbal discipline, or not more than 1 written referral category 1 violation, not more than 2 tardy, or 2 unexcused absent, or no truancy
N – NEEDS IMPROVEMENT 2 to 3 verbal discipline or 2 to 3 written referral category 1 violation, 3 to 5 unexcused absent or 1 truancy
U – UNSATISFACTORY 4 written referral category 1 or 1 written referral category 2, 6 unexcused absent or 2 truancy
MAKE-UP WORK FOR ABSENCES POLICY
Work can be made up for excused or unexcused absences. Students will be allowed one class day per missed day to make up assignments, homework, projects, quizzes and tests missed due to absences.
- Make-up work for excused absences will be eligible for full credit. However, the student shall receive a 20% deduction from the total grade earned for any assignment or assessment not made up within the allotted time.
- Make-up work for unexcused absences will be penalized equal to late work. A 20% deduction from the total grade earned will be taken on make-up work for unexcused absences.
- For extended absences, make-up assignments shall be made available to students after two consecutive class days of absence. Upon request teachers will provide the assignments to students and inform them of the time allotted for completion.
- It is the student’s responsibility to obtain, complete and submit the missed work within the time allotted.
- Students will not be required to take a quiz or test on the day of returning from an absence if the test or quiz was announced during the student’s absence.
- After their return to class the teacher will make arrangements with the student to make-up the test or quiz within two days.
- All make-up work will be of the same rigor, but not necessarily the same format as the original assignment.
- Any make-up assignment that will require time outside of class should be scheduled at the teacher’s discretion.
- If the absence is anticipated students should make prior arrangements to collect or schedule make-up work times.
- After a prolonged absence, the teacher has the right to exempt a student from some assignments if the teacher determines that doing so will not have a negative impact on the student’s ability to master the content or unfairly bias their grade.
- No grade penalty shall be impose for make-up work after an absence because of suspension.
- A 20% deduction from the total grade earned will be taken for late assignment turned in after the assigned make-up due date.