Google Classroom Codes for Distance Learning 2020
1st period: aamfr5g
2nd period: qognykx
3rd period: emrtbjj
5th period: sf6jwmp
7th period: yp56dpz
8th period: uxgglnp
Materials: binder or folder
loose- leaf paper
9 Weeks Grading:
Daily (Writing, Reading, Speaking, Listening) 40% Quizzes 30%
Semester Grading: Each 9 weeks counts 40% and semester exams 20%
Papers we use in class:
Stamped papers are ‘keeper papers.’ These are usually notes or vocabulary which will be beneficial to keep and study. All stamped papers will be turned in at the end of the each semester, and you can earn points toward your semester exam grade.
Regular papers have no stamp or number and are usually assignments to be turned in or are extra credit.
follow school & classroom rules respect self & others
complete all assignments study
classroom conduct attend tutoring as needed
*BRING ALL REQUIRED MATERIALS EVERY DAY*
Groups: I will make a seating chart and change it each nine weeks. Any special requests please see me privately. You will be assigned to a group that will change during seating modifications.
RE-TEACHING AND RE-TESTING
- If 50% or more of students in a class fail to demonstrate mastery of TEKS on a summative assessment, the teacher will provide an opportunity for re-teaching and re-testing during class time. All students in the class will be given the opportunity for re-teach and re-test. The higher of the two grades will be recorded in the grade book.
- If fewer than 50% of all students in a class fail to demonstrate mastery of TEKS on a summative assessment, the teachers will provide re-teaching and re-testing during or outside of class time. The grade on the re-assessment will be recorded as no higher than 70 if mastery is demonstrated. If mastery is not demonstrated, the higher grade will be recorded.
- Re-teaching should employ instructional strategies different from the original instruction.
- Re-testing or re-assessment may include, but is not limited to, oral examination, additional practice activities, an essay or paper, a report or presentation, test corrections, revision of a paper or project, or a formal test.
- Re-teaching/re-testing provisions do not apply to semester exams.
- Late work is defined as any assignment that is not submitted on the due date and class period with the exception of make-up work for absences or approved school activities.
- A 20% deduction from the total grade earned will be taken for late assignments.
- Late assignments will be accepted until the material has been assessed summatively or within a three-week grading period.
- Extenuating circumstances may occur that prevent the completion and turning in of assignments on the due date. It is the parent/guardian and/or student’s responsibility to inform the teacher and/or an appropriate administrator of any such circumstances so that an exception to the rule may or may not be granted. The teacher and/or appropriate administrator shall have the authority to render a final decision on the granting of any exceptions.
- I dismiss you, not the bell. We do not line up at the door like kindergarten.
- Absolutely no food, candy, or drinks allowed in the classroom. Items will be thrown away. You may have water provided it is in a bottle with a lid.
- I do not ‘give’ an extra point on grades to be eligible for a sport or activity.
- Please do not touch my personal property or that of other students.
- We will not have any ‘free’ days, do not ask.
- Using electronics during class is not an appropriate use of educational time. I reserve the right to remove electronics for the class period if a student does not comply with a teacher directive. Disciplinary action will follow as needed.
- Do not copy, cheat, or plagiarize in this classroom while working on Spanish or any other subject. The following are definitions taken from the American Heritage Dictionary.
Copy – to imitate or reproduce something from the original
Cheat – to act dishonestly
Plagiarism – to steal and use the writings of another as one’s own
The penalty is that both papers will earn a ‘0’. In addition, there will be a formal write up for violating the Academic Honesty Policy, and a form will be submitted to your permanent file with the district.
- Respect yourself, other classmates, and especially Señora Jáquez.
- Use phrases like: “sí, señora,” “no, señora,” “por favor,” and “gracias.”
- -I reserve the right to add any more rules as the year progresses.