Phone: 210-356-1400, ext. 61483
Degrees and Certifications:
MA, Art History, UTSA BFA, Painting, UTSA BA, Psychology, University of Houston Secondary Art, Secondary History certifications
Mr. Clifton Tinker
I am an art teacher because I love art, and I hope to be as inspiring to my students as my art teachers were to me.
Mr. Tinker has taught art in public school since 1994. He has been teaching art at James Madison High School since 2000. He is also the Madison Fine Arts Chair. His art students have earned numerous scholarships and awards over the years including the Grand Champion in the San Antonio Rodeo Western Art contest. He has a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from the Univeristy of Houston, and Bachelor of Fine Arts in Painting from The University of Texas at San Antonio, and a Master of Fine Arts in Art History from the University of Texas at San Antonio. He also works as a professional artist. He designed the 80,000 square feet of banners that decorated the Alamodome for the San Antonio Spurs. He designed the official poster for the 100th anniversary of the San Antonio Library. He has most recently designed numerous shopping bags and kitchen items for HEB, of which he has sold about 500,000 items.
Madison High School Art Department and Art Supply Information
The Madison art teachers welcome you to a year of creativity, enrichment and a wonderful visual art experience:
ART SUPPLIES: Students are required to pay a fee depending on the art course. The deadline for payment is Tuesday, September 6, 2022.
Students will check out individual supplies for the year and the fee will also cover high quality class sets of supplies as determined by the needs of the course. Students who do not pay their fee will have their names added to the obligations list. Those with financial difficulties preventing them from purchasing a kit need to make contact with their teacher to make arrangements.
- The Madison Art Department follows all NEISD District and Campus policies and rules. It is important for our students to follow dress code, the electronics policy, and all campus rules as directed by the district and administration.
- Please keep an updated email address on file as this is the most efficient way we communicate. Students, please check your school emails regularly.
- Safe and secure art studio rooms are our top priority! All students are expected to conduct themselves with maturity and respect for the learning environment, teacher, and fellow art students.
- Art course syllabi can be found on each art teacher’s NEISD Madison Website. Additionally, visit the Skyward Family Access for important information about your child’s progress and grades. Students were given paper syllabi to refer to as well
- Art contests and exhibits: There are many opportunities for student work to be shown. Information will be available to you throughout the school year.
- The Art Department sponsors a National Art Honor Society for upper level students. Art Club is open to all Madison students, including Art I students. The clubs both meet together on the same day and time, to be determined. We invite students to join and work together on fun projects such as school murals and more!
Mandatory Art supply cost per course:
Art I / Art I Honors $25.00
AP Portfolio (fee) $40.00
Printmaking II-IV (fee) $40.00
Art II Honors (fee) $40.00
TO PAY ONLINE visit https://neisd.schoolcashonline.com
Or scan the QR code
Jewelry II-IV $ 80.00 ($40/ per semester)
Ceramics (fee) $ 40.00
Sculpture II (fee) $ 40.00
Sculpture III-IV $40.00
Drawing II (fee) $30.00
Drawing III (fee) $40.00
Drawing IV $40.00
Painting II-IV $40.00
Please return this with supply kit payment by September 6th.
Payment may be made in cash, check, pay online or money order. Checks should be made payable to Madison High School. Please write the student’s name in the memo line on the check or money order.
FILL OUT THE BACK OF THIS PAGE AND RETURN
Student Name _________________________ TEACHER NAME ______________
Class pd: ____________ Art Subject(s)____________________ Date: _______________
- cash - Please make sure to tape this sheet to the cash or enclose in envelope with student name
- Check - makes check payable to Madison Art Department. Please write the student name in the memo. Check # _____
- money order - include student name on memo
- online payment (attach or e-mail your receipt to your teacher)
PARENT SIGNATURE ___________________________
Period 1: Art 1
Period 2: Conference
Period 3: Art 1
Period 4: lunch
Period 5: Art 1
Period 6: Painting 2, Painting 3, Painting 4
Period 7: Painting 2
Period 8: Art 1