AVID MISSION STATEMENT
AVID’s mission is to close the achievement gap by preparing all students for college readiness and success in a global society.
NEISD AVID MISSION STATEMENT
Implementation of the AVID program with fidelity to the National AVID model and to the District’s college and career readiness goals.
WHAT IS AVID:
- A Program that teaches skills and behaviors for academic success
- Provides intensive support with tutorials and strong student/teacher relationships
- Creates a positive peer group for students
- Develops a sense of hope for personal achievement gained through hard work and determination
WHAT AVID IS NOT
- A guarantee for success
- An easy “A”
- A remedial program
- An at risk program
WHAT DOES AVID DO FOR STUDENTS?
- Teaches study and organizational skills
- Strengthens their writing skills
- Gives tutorial help through college tutors
- Builds leadership potential
- Teaches students to work collaboratively to be successful in the most rigorous courses
- Assists students with the application process for colleges and universities
- Helps students explore careers through guest speakers