Back to School Links
Coach Riechel Classes
4th Period: (Lunch Period for students)
5th Period (Lunch Period for students)
6th Period (Lunch Period for students)
Junior Varsiy Tennis
Degrees and Certifications:
BA Communications/Spanish SPED Certified K-12 ES Certified EC-6 PE Certified K-12 Health Certified K-12 USPTA P1
Mrs. Diana Riechel
HI! My name is Diana Riechel and this is my 5th year here at Madison High School. I am a Co-Teach Astronomy teacher and I am also the Head Tennis Coach. I was born in Bogota, Colombia and I was blessed to be adopted when I was 4 years old. My dad is my inspiration to have played tennis and my mom is my inspiration to enjoy every minute of it! I started playing when I was 5 years old and I have an older brother whom I always wanted to compete against. I was also an avid softball player but decided to play tennis in college. I have taught tennis for more than 20 years and half of that time I was a teaching professional at the Blossom Athletic Center in NEISD. I decided to be a school teacher as well and I taught Special Education also at Olmos Elementary School. I missed tennis too much I decided to Coach so I am thrilled that I am able to teach in school and coach tennis as well.. it is a true dream job! I love coaching these amazing athletes as they also teach me so many things too!! I am truly blessed to be here at Madison High School with all of these wonderful kids! When I am not working, I enjoy playing Pickleball and watching my son play tennis! I have 1 cute furry cat and her name is Sasha and her life seems so relaxing as I watch her sleep and prance around the house!
Tennis Information:Hi everyone!! Here comes 2022-2023, Are you ready?? Are you playing tennis? Are you eating well? Are you sleeping well? Are you working out and staying in shape??
- Tryouts for Varsity and ladder challenges will be the week of August 1-5th.
- August 1st and 2nd will be at 8:30am. August 3,4th and 5th will be in the after, TBD.
- Anyone wanting to tryout for Varsity must attend.
- Beginner tennis players do not need to attend, those athletes will automatically be on Junior Varsity.
- Uniforms will be given the first week of school.
- Please use the below link to complete all required athletic forms
- Athlete Forms
- Physicals are required before athletes can tryout on the week of August 2nd
- Visit your athletes doctor or go to any urgent care with the athletic form to be filled out by the doctor.
- Also, download the Sports You app in order to receive tennis information.
Below are links to after school programs and the USTA website for tournament play. It is your responsibility to play tennis over the during the school year outside of Madison pratices in order to continuously improve. There are plenty in the area in order fo you to keep up with tennis!! It is FREE right now to join USTA membership to play in tournaments!
USTA Membership and Tournaments
The Tennis Park (After School Programs)