* Students will be prepared for class.
* Students will participate.
* Quality work is expected at all times.
* ALL work is to be completed and turned-in on time.
* Students are expected to keep all their work for the duration of the nine weeks/year.
Tests, Projects, Essays 30%
LATE WORK POLICY: All work submitted beyond the due date will receive a 20% deduction. Late work will be accepted for up to three weeks or until the information is assessed, whichever happens first. This is a district policy.
WRITING: 100% of all graded writing assignments can be revised and regraded within the nine weeks. There is no cap on this grade, so students can revise and earn up to a 100.
Pens (blue or black only, no colors)
Pencils - wooden or mechanical
Wide ruled notebook paper
Binder or notebook - can be section in larger notebook used for other classes, section designated for English
1 Composition notebook (with 100 pages, if possible) - cardboard covers (NO vinyl) work best
BOOK - one you are reading for enjoyment, comes to class EVERY DAY
Tissues are GREATLY appreciated
The rest of these supplies are optional. I provide classroom supplies when we need them, but students are certainly allowed to use their own if they prefer.
scissors and glue/glue sticks
markers and/or colored pencils
sticky notes/post it notes - to be used for annotating, 3x3 works well (optional)
Highlighter - your choice of color(s)
Lindseyisms (Lindseyisms = things to know about life in Dr. Lindsey’s classroom)
* Please use wide-ruled loose-leaf notebook paper only – NO college-ruled or spiral paper.
* I only accept work completed in blue or black ink or pencil. Do not use red, turquoise, purple, green or other colored pens please.
* I have a lending library in the classroom. Students sign-out EACH book they borrow and cross-out their name when the book is returned. If a book is severely damaged or lost, I expect reimbursement to purchase a replacement.
*I also have a “borrow cup” of pens and pencils in my classroom. You may borrow something to write with for class.
Please sharpen pencils before class begins.
* Please get a drink of water and use the restroom between classes, if possible.
* As a general rule, if it is on my desk – DO NOT TOUCH IT!!!!
* As a general rule, do not enter a closed classroom if a teacher is not present.
* I do not assign homework regularly, but when I assign it – I expect it to be completed and returned on time!
* If you miss class, you are responsible for the work you miss. If you are not sure, you are expected to ask me for work missed (or check the "While You Were Out" box on my desk). All tests and quizzes missed must be completed the day you return to school unless your absence was an extended one. If your parents request work for you to complete at home, please turn-in the work when you return.
* It is smart to check with a classmate when you miss class. Google Classroom is updated periodically and may not be a reliable source of current assignments.
* All work is due on its assigned date. Any missing or incomplete work will be marked with a 0 (zero) and must be completed.
* Parents should contact me via email at email@example.com I usually respond very quickly. Do NOT leave a voicemail message for me.
Writing is an act of faith, not a trick of grammar. -E. B. White