Hello to all Debaters and Parents,
Please ask your student for the code to my Google Classroom for Debate, I have loaded it with multiple documents, videos, and other information for our Lincoln-Douglas Debate and Congressional Debate; as well as, other important dates and information.
This year our PF topic is:
Resolved: On balance, the benefits of the internet of Things outweigh the harms of deceased personal property.
This year our LD Debate resolution is:
Resolved: In the United States, juveniles charged with violent felonies ought to be treated as adults in the criminal justice system.
By the end of term your students will have learned about;
- Logic Falacies,
- Claim, Warrant, and Impact,
- Impromptu Speaking,
Criteria, (is a set guideline which tells the judge how I want to be judged)
Debate related Philosophies of
- Social Contract,
Types of Values (the theme or motivation for us to take action in the case).
Written the definitions which help define what their topic is.
And learned that they must have references (sources) - These must include:
- web sites.
They will also learned that:
- WIKIPEDIA IS BAD AND NOT ALLOWED TO BE USED
- Yahoo, Bing, and Google are search engines; not web sites.
GOOD WEB SITES ARE:
- Downloading Debate Mobil on their phones will be very helpful to the student.
Contention which is the main argument (position) used to prove the case's criterion
- Tagline - the claim position
- Sub point A - WARRANT of the position and the evidence to support it
- Sub point B - the IMPACT of the claim and the link to the case's Criterion
This class is very heavy in the reading, research, and writing areas. It is also a mandatory preformance class.