Degrees and Certifications:
B.S. Elementary Education Generalist 4-8 MA Technology in Education
Mr. Joe Porter
My name is Joe Porter. I was born and raised in Cedar Falls Iowa where I attended the U. of Northern Iowa. I received a K-8 B.A. in Education. I completed my Masters in Technology from Lesley College and am considering an Administrative degree (maybe!).
On a personal note, I have two children with my wife, Stephanie. Ethan is 16 and Ella is 14. They keep us very happy and busy!
This is my 29th year of teaching. I began with 4 years in Kansas, took a year break to pursue other interests in Virginia, then returned to teaching in Colorado. This is my 13th year in Texas and I am still not used to the heat!
Please feel free to contact me anytime. The best way to do this is through my school email; email@example.com
I feel privileged to be your child's science teacher. Some goals that I have set forth for your science student are as follows:
- Questioning why something has occurred and forming an hypothesis and investigation (experiment) to explain/test the occurrence.
- Understanding the importance for safety in science labs.
- Learning to work appropriately with other student scientists in a partner or group setting.
- Keeping a science notebook organized, along with other materials for class.
- To have fun with science, remembering that safety is always the first consideration.
Mr. Porter's Schedule
1st period (8:25-9:15) Science
2nd period (9:19-10:06) Science
3rd period (10:10- 10:56) Science
Lunch - 11:00-11:30
4th period (11:34- 12:20) Instructional Coach Period
5th period (12:24- 1:10) Science
6th period (1:14- 2:00) Science
7th period (2:04- 2:50) Conference time
8th period (2:54- 3:40) AIM
2019-2020 Hazing test