How to Request an Employment Verification
The process for obtaining verification of employment has changed. The district now uses an external agency, "The Work Number," to provide that service.
Note: This does not include verification of income which will need to be requested separately through the Payroll department OR Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) forms which will need to be requested from Human Resources.
The Work Number is an automated service that securely provides instant employment verification where proof of employment is needed. It is available online 24/7.
You will need three pieces of information to access The Work Number site:
- Your employee I.D. (do not use any leading zeroes)
- Employer code for NEISD: 18971
- PIN. The first time you access the site you must enter a default PIN which is the four digit year you first began employment with NEISD
- Access The Work Number site here: theworknumber.com
To provide employment verification to an agency, employer, or other entity, please provide the following information to them:
For Employers/Agencies/All Other Verifiers:
- Visit theworknumber.com and select "I'm a Verifier"
- Provide the following:
- Employer Name or Code: North East Independent School District
- Employer Code: 18971
- Employee's Social Security Number (must obtain from the employer)
*Please note that income for North East I.S.D. is not available via The Work Number at this time. Please contact the Payroll department for verification of income.