It is the goal of the North East Independent School District to offer a competitive compensation package to recruit and retain quality personnel, while maintaining internal and external equity.
Work Perks – Why Work in NEISD?
In addition to a competitive compensation plan, as a full-time or part-time employee of NEISD, you will enjoy a total rewards package including the following programs, services and benefits:
- Recognized by Forbes as one of America's Best Large Employers 2018
- Comprehensive and affordable health benefits, including: medical (premium deduction rates), life insurance and flexible spending accounts
- Participation in tax sheltered accounts
- Enrollment in catastrophic sick leave bank
- Disability Insurance
- Continued professional development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee perks/discounts through NEISD Partnerships
- Out-of-district employee enrollment of their child(ren) at employee’s assigned campus or in the designated cluster
- Incentives for hard to fill assignments, including but not limited to Bilingual and ESL Teachers
- Free general admission into an athletic event at any NEISD campus or facility
- Employee giving campaign through NEISD Team Campaign
- Participation in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas
- Local sick and state personal leave
- Non-work days during major holidays (i.e. Thanksgiving, Christmas Break, Spring Break)
- Paid vacation (for year-round employees)
- Paid holidays (for specific auxiliary assignments)
Classified Employees (Paraprofessional/Auxiliary):
- Classified Employees are paid biweekly.
- Paraprofessional employees have their salary prorated equally over a specific number of payments for the entire year.
- Minimum hourly rates are posted and available for viewing for all Classified positions.
- Proration of Salary
- Classified (Paraprofessionals/Auxiliary) New Hire Ranges
- Alternative Pay
Certified Employees (Administrative/Professional):
- Certified employees are paid monthly.
- Certified employees have their salary prorated equally over a specific number of payments for the entire year.
- Minimum annual salaries are posted and available for all non-teacher/librarian Certified positions.
- Proration of Salary
- Certified (Administrative/Professional) New Hire Ranges
- Alternative Pay
Teachers and Librarians
Salaries for new classroom teachers and librarians are based on the salary ranges below (10-month work schedule). For the 2022-2023 school year, eligible teachers and librarians are eligible for a two percent (2%) increase of midpoint equaling $1,150.
Salaries listed below reflect the 2022-2023 school year.
In accordance with House Bill 3, the ranges above include additional compensation for classroom teachers with more than five (5) years of experience.
All salary ranges are adopted annually by the Board of Trustees. The District ensures salary placement for new hires will be based on verified years of experience according to the Commissioner’s Rules on Creditable Years of Service. These ranges should not be used to project salary amounts for subsequent years.
In addition, teachers and librarians may qualify for the following stipends:
CURRENT EMPLOYEES - PAY INCREASE FOR 2022-2023
Professional/Administrative Pay Scales (A, E, P and T)
- Adjust the professional/administrative pay scales upward by 0.5%
- For eligible counselors and nurses, grant a 2% general pay increase based on the midpoint of the new 2022-23 pay scales
- For all other eligible professional/administrative employees, grant a 1% general pay increase based on the midpoint of the new 2022-23 pay scales
- For returning professional/administrative employees who do not earn a year of credit, grant a scale adjustment increase equal to 0.5% of the midpoint of the new 2022-23 pay scales
Classified Pay Scales (C, I, O, P, T, B, F and CO)
- Adjust the classified pay scales upward by a minimum of 2%
- For eligible bus drivers, custodians, food service assistants, special education assistants and instructional assistants further adjust starting pay to align with the current market and provide a corresponding general pay increase of at least 3% based on the midpoint of the new 2022-23 pay scales to current incumbents to alleviate compression
- For all other eligible classified employees, grant a 3% general pay increase based on the midpoint of the new 2022-23 pay scales
- For returning classified employees who do not earn a year of credit, grant a scale adjustment increase equal to 2% of the midpoint of the new 2022-2023 pay scales.