It is the goal of the North East Independent School District to offer a competitive compensation package to recruit and retain quality personnel, while maintaining internal and external equity.
Work Perks – Why Work in NEISD?
In addition to a competitive compensation plan, as a full-time or part-time employee of NEISD, you will enjoy a total rewards package including the following programs, services and benefits:
- Recognized by Forbes as one of America's Best Large Employers 2018
- Comprehensive and affordable health benefits, including: medical (premium deduction rates), life insurance and flexible spending accounts
- Participation in tax sheltered accounts
- Enrollment in catastrophic sick leave bank
- Disability Insurance
- Continued professional development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee perks/discounts through NEISD Partnerships
- Out-of-district employee enrollment of their child(ren) at employee’s assigned campus or in the designated cluster
- Incentives for hard to fill assignments, including but not limited to Bilingual and ESL Teachers
- Free general admission into an athletic event at any NEISD campus or facility
- Employee giving campaign through NEISD Team Campaign
- Participation in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas
- Local sick and state personal leave
- Non-work days during major holidays (i.e. Thanksgiving, Christmas Break, Spring Break)
- Paid vacation (for year round employees)
- Paid holidays (for specific auxiliary assignments)
Teachers and Librarians
Salaries for new classroom teachers and librarians are based on the salary ranges below (10-month work schedule).
In accordance with House Bill 3, the ranges above include additional compensation for classroom teachers with more than five (5) years of experience.
All salary ranges are adopted annually by the Board of Trustees. The District ensures salary placement for new hires will be based on verified years of experience according to the Commissioner’s Rules on Creditable Years of Service. These ranges should not be used to project salary amounts for subsequent years.
In addition, teachers and librarians may qualify for the following stipends:
For all returning employees:
- Salaries are frozen at the 2019-2020 rate
- Maintain current pay ranges