Advancement Individual Motivation
- Welcome to the Bush MS AIM elective class. The purpose of AIM is to provide students with the time and guidance to grow and develop both academically as a learner and socially as a member of your community. You learn how to monitor your own grades, become and stay organized, be an active member of our society and build relationships with your peers.
Character education, social emotional learning skills, leadership skills, study skills, organizational skills, goal-setting, and academic enrichment in science, reading, writing, and math.
Students have three simple responsibilities each day in AIM:
- When you arrive to class, set yourself up for success (sit in your assigned spot and have all materials).
- Actively participate in all class activities.
- Treat all people with respect.
Students will receive two grades per 2 weeks in AIM.
- Notes/Journal/Binder Check (During Virtual Learning Students will visually show me in Zoom) - Checking on completion of notes for classes and journals, Organize contacting subject teacher.
- Binder check, completed once every two weeks. The expectation is that binders are neat and organized, and have all materials within them. Organization is an important skill in school, career and other aspects of daily life. The binder is an organizational tool to help students maintain notes and school work in one place. Students are expected to maintain a binder, they are expected to keep it organized using the methods they have been taught.
Students will be evaluated on organization and whether they have all of their materials for every class in their binder.
View a current news event on CNN 10 and turn in a short review of the event (I will provide a digital form to fill out.) This elevates student awareness of global issues as the countries of the world become more interdependent. Today’s students also need an understanding of the world’s economy, politics, social structures, and environment in order to make the best decisions about how to live their own lives after high school and beyond. At the same time, consuming domestic news with a critical eye is vital to enhancing democracy and defeating intolerance. More than ever, an appreciation for news and our civic institutions is a key step toward self-empowerment and advancement.OR
- BrainPOP Social Emotional Learning Acitivity.
- Agenda book
- Labeled dividers (1 per class)
- Pencil pouch (to hold small supplies)
- 2 pencils
- 1 Red pen
- Set of colors (crayon, markers OR colored pencils)
NOTE: Adjustments will be made for Virtual and In Person Learning as needed.
AIM Calendar of Activities
Every other day, 2 weeks blocks. B Day Only.
Day 1: SEL (Social Emotional Learning) Lessons & Activities.
Day 2: All subject tutoring and assistance - Getting it done! You got questions??? I have answers!!!
Day 3: CNN 10 Current Event. Students will view a short video on a current event and record the What, When, Why, where and how information. This will be turned into me at the end of the 20 minutes. For the rest of the period students will work on work, all homework and extra credit work will be addressed, if there is none students are allowed to read their book, go on Brain Pop for science extra credit or do Cool Math.
Day 4: All subject tutoring and assistance - Getting it done! You got questions??? I have answers!!!
Day 5: Notes, Journals/Binder Check - Motivational Team Building Activities
- EVERY B-DAY during AIM students will have time for completing missing work.