Phone: (210) 356-3500
Degrees and Certifications:
B.A in Psychology from Texas State University -Focus on child development -Minor in Fine Arts -Completed Teachworthy Teacher Certification Program
My name is Marissa Lagunes and I am thrilled to be your student’s visual arts teacher this year! This is my first-year teaching and I’m so excited to have the opportunity to be a part of your student’s creative journey and help foster their artistic growth.
Since I’m new to this district, I’d like to tell you a little bit about myself. I grew up and currently live in San Antonio, Texas. I graduated from Texas State University with a bachelor's in Psychology and a minor in Fine Arts. I have always had a lifelong passion for art. I enjoy painting, photography and drawing in my spare time. I consider myself a big movie buff and enjoy going to the cinema whenever I can. I also enjoy traveling the world and experiencing different arts and culture.
Throughout the year, students will learn about different artists, styles and cultures from around the world. They will explore different techniques and mediums to create original works of art by utilizing the various elements and principals of design.
Classroom guidelines and expectations will be clearly communicated on the first day of class. Students are expected to:
- Have all appropriate materials and supplies at their desk, put away phone or any electronic devices, be seated quietly when the bell rings.
- Respect each other’s person and property.
- Pay attention, listen attentively and follow instructions.
- Stay on task, work quietly and do not disrupt others.
Qualities for success in my class include: a positive can-do attitude, a spirit of cooperation and problem-solving skills.
- Daily Work/Participation: 40% is composed of student’s participation in discussions and class activities and using class time efficiently.
- Writing: 20% Student participates and contributes to critiques and peer evaluations.
- Major Projects: 40% Composed of students’ final project submission graded using a rubric.
Homework may be assigned if students do not complete work by alloted time or have absences. Due dates will be provided to students in advance along with frequent reminders.
Art supply donations are encouraged so all students can have the materials they to explore various types of media. Students are only required to have an 8x10 or 9x12 sketchbook for class.
If you have any questions or concerns, I can be reached via Remind or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Official Class Title