Free and Reduced Price Meals

Student selecting food tray
  • Your children may be eligible to receive free or reduced price meals.  Families are encouraged to submit an application anytime during the school year.  Applying for this benefit is easy and confidential using our online application system. Instructions will be mailed to the households of registered students by the first week of August.  A new application must be submitted each school year.

    You can apply online beginning July 17, 2017.  Request a paper application at your child's school one week before school starts. Or you can request an application through email or call us at 210-356-9100.

    All applicants will be advised of their approval status by mail. Processing may take up to 10 days during the first few weeks of school.

    Note: It is not necessary to complete a paper application if you apply online. Please help us expedite application processing by submitting only one application for your household.


Online Application

  • You will need:

    1. Child’s name as it appears on birth certificate

    2. Household before-tax income or SNAP/TANF number

    Families applying for children that are qualified foster, homeless, migrant, runaway or participating in Head Start may not be required to provide household income.

    Click on the "Apply Now" button to get started.

Eligibility Guidelines

  • Children can receive free or reduced-price meals if a household’s gross income is within limits described in the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines. Learn about income guidelines and frequently asked questions.

    Income Guidelines and
    Frequent Asked Question’s

Contact Us

  • During the peak application processing period (first weeks of school) it may take 1-2 days to return your call. Leave a voice message or email, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

     For more information call (210) 356-9100 or e-mail