Phone: (210) 356-8000
Degrees and Certifications:
B.A in Psychology from Texas State University -Focus on child development -Minor in Fine Arts -Completed Teachworthy Teacher Certification Program
My name is Bianca Lagunes and I am thrilled to be your student’s visual arts teacher this year! This is my second year teaching and I’m so excited to have the opportunity to be a part of your student’s creative journey and help foster their artistic growth.
I’d like to tell you a little bit about myself. I grew up and currently live in San Antonio, Texas. I graduated from Texas State University with a bachelor's in Psychology and a minor in Fine Arts. I have always had a lifelong passion for art. I enjoy painting, photography and drawing in my spare time. I consider myself a big movie buff and enjoy going to the cinema whenever I can. I also enjoy traveling the world and experiencing different arts and culture.
Throughout the year, students will learn about different artists, styles and cultures from around the world. They will explore different techniques and mediums to create original works of art by utilizing the various elements and principals of design.
Classroom guidelines and expectations will be clearly communicated on the first day of class. Students are expected to:
- Have all appropriate materials and supplies at their desk, put away phone or any electronic devices, be seated quietly when the bell rings.
- Respect each other’s person and property.
- Pay attention, listen attentively and follow instructions.
- Stay on task, work quietly and do not disrupt others.
Qualities for success in my class include: a positive can-do attitude, a spirit of cooperation and problem-solving skills.
- Daily Work/Participation: 40% is composed of student’s participation in discussions and class activities and using class time efficiently.
- Writing: 20% Student participates and contributes to critiques and peer evaluations.
- Major Projects: 40% Composed of students’ final project submission graded using a rubric.
Homework may be assigned if students do not complete work by alloted time or have absences. Due dates will be provided to students in advance along with frequent reminders.
- One 9”x 12” Sketch Pad
- Some brands to choose from: Strathmore, Winsor & Newton, Canson, etc
- Graphite pencils: 2B, 4B (one of each)
- Can be purchased individually or in a set
- Brands to choose from: Cézanne, Faber-Castel, Windsor & Newton, Prisma, etc
- Gum eraser
- One canister pencil sharpener
- A single two pocket folder to store worksheets
If you have any questions or concerns, I can be reached via Remind or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re so excited to kickstart the new school year. Students are eagerly looking forward to getting their hands dirty and exploring a variety of art mediums. To maximize learning, the art department is asking for your help in the form of item donations or purchases. Any items that you can spare or purchase would be greatly appreciated.
We’ve included a list of everyday items that can be donated so our students get the most out of the school year and learn to work with a variety of mediums.
Large or bulk items can be dropped off at the front office. Smaller items can be sent with the students to take to their art rooms at the start of the day. Please be sure to include a note with the student’s name and teacher with the supplies. Items can be used or new condition. Most items can be purchased at HEB, Walmart, Target, Hobby Lobby, Michael’s, Dollar Store, Five Below and Amazon.
If you would like purchase items directly from our classroom Amazon wishlist, please click here. Items purchased from our wishlist will be shipped directly to the school.
Thanks in advance for your support and understanding!
- Newspaper print
- Plastic cups and paper plates (any size)
- Masking tape (0.75 in)
- Black and color fine point sharpies
- Watercolor paint set with brush
- 10 in Styrofoam plates (Hefty brand preferred)
- Canister pencil sharpeners
- Crayola color pencils
- Crayola fine line or broad line markers
- Elmers glue bottles (4 ounces or more)
- 9x12 Sketchbooks (any brand)
- Heavy duty aluminum foil
- Ziploc bags
- Yarn (medium acrylic yarn in an assortment of colors)
- Geometric shapes stencil set
- 9x12 construction paper (any brand)
Official Class Title