Instructional Materials Allotment (IMA)
Public Education Grant (PEG) School Choice
The following terms and conditions apply to a Public Education Grant (PEG) School Choice transfer request:
- A student must be enrolled in a NEISD school that is identified as being on the Public Education Grant (PEG) list by the State of Texas to be eligible for a PEG School Choice transfer.
- NEISD will notify parent/guardian of their option to apply for a PEG School Choice transfer.
- Parent/Guardian must make the request to transfer a student using the official PEG School Choice transfer request online.
- Students cannot PEG to another PEG school.
- Each student may file only one PEG School Choice application per school year.
- No provisions will be made for siblings. A separate application is required for each student.
- All PEG School Choice requests will be included in the district school choice program. PEG requests are considered on a first come first served basis according to available openings in the district school choice program.
- All requests will be accepted but are not guaranteed an immediate enrollment. Enrollment will be based on available openings at the requested school.
- All PEG School Choice applications are processed in the Department of Pupil Personnel Services. The parents/guardians will receive an email from Pupil Personnel Services regarding the status of their PEG School Choice request.
- Transportation will be the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
- Student eligibility expires upon any of the following conditions:
- Completion of all grades on the campus upon which eligibility was originally based (the PEG-listed campus);
- Removal of the home campus from the State PEG list or
- Assignment of the student to a campus that is not on the State PEG list as a result of redrawn attendance boundaries or the student moves into a different attendance area.
- Parent/Guardian may request termination of a PEG transfer at any time. Termination of a PEG transfer will result in the student's return to their home campus, based on the family's current residence for the remainder of the school year.