Frequently Asked Questions
What are the library hours?
The library is open 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
What are the basic library policies?
- Pink passes are required 1st-8th period
- All students coming to the library with individual passes must sign in at the circulation desk
- Please do not bring food and drinks into the library
- Electronic devices for educational purposes are welcome in the library but must not disturb other library users
- Students must have their student ID card to check out library materials
Can I come to the library during my lunch?
The library will start opening to lunch students when available on Tuesday September 6th.
- Each student must have their own dated pass from a teacher or earn a year-long library lunch pass sticker placed on the back of their student ID card
- Students must enter through the library courtyard door in the first 10 minutes of the lunch period. Students can exit through the courtyard doors before the end of the period if they want to go eat lunch.
- Students may not eat lunch in the library
- The library will be closed during lunches if there are any classes in the library 4th - 6th period.
- Everyday there will be a PA announcement to let you know if the library is open during lunches that day
Why do I have to sign in when I come to the library?
There are a few reasons:
1. Our sign in sheet serves as our evacuation list in case of an emergency
2. It lets your sending teacher know when you arrived and left the library
3. By knowing how many students use the library, we can better serve our students
Can I print in the library?
Yes. The library has both black and white and color printing available for the following prices:
- Black and white printing costs 10 cents per page
- Color printing costs 50 cents per page (25 cents for a half page)
Is the library on social media?
Yes! Follow us on Twitter and Instagram @MacArthurLib
What are the best digital resources for research?
The key to using digital resources effectively is choosing the right resource for the job. Find the best resources for different research subject areas in our Digital Resource/Database Review
How do I check out ebooks and audiobooks from the library?
Our district has an extensive ebook and audiobook collection from OverDrive. You can check out ebooks and audiobooks in the Sora app.
Can I ask the librarian a question?
Sure. Just fill out our Ask the Librarian Form