How do I ensure my Teacher Choice hours are approved?
The Teacher Choice process includes both acquiring the training and appropriately entering the training into Eduphoria Workshop. To qualify as Teacher Choice, the teacher must ensure the following criteria is met:
1. The teacher receives prior approval from the principal and ensures the professional development sessions meet all of the criteria for Teacher Choice.
2. The teacher accumulates 12 hours of professional development for Teacher Choice from May 1, 2019 through April 30, 2020 and ensures that the sessions are reflected in their Eduphoria Workshop Portfolio as “approved” by May 4, 2020. Professional development entered into Eduphoria Workshop after April 30, 2020 is ineligible for Teacher Choice for the 2018- 2019 school year.
3. The teacher ensures that there is appropriate documentation of attendance at professional development, i.e. signing in at in-district professional development or submitting an official certificate of attendance for outside of- district professional development into Eduphoria Workshop using the one-time event process: https://sites.google.com/a/neisd.net/eduphoria-workshop-resources/one-time-events
4. The teacher tracks Teacher Choice hours by checking the Eduphoria Workshop Portfolio. Eduphoria Workshop will indicate the number of hours eligible for Teacher Choice. The principal may approve or deny these hours.
5. There are two disapproval windows. Window 1: The principal or principal’s designee must withdraw disapproved professional development hours from Teacher Choice no later than January 31, 2020 for professional development accumulated from May 1, 2019 through December 20, 2019. Professional development hours remaining in the Teacher Choice queue after January 31, 2020 are considered approved Teacher Choice hours.
6. Window 2: Additional hours to satisfy the Teacher Choice requirement must be met no later than April 30, 2020. The principal or principal’s designee must withdraw disapproved hours no later than May 4, 2020. Professional development hours remaining in the Teacher Choice queue after May 4, 2020 are considered approved Teacher Choice hours.