Substitute New Hire Process
Congratulations on your new position and welcome to the North East Independent School District. You have received information from the Human Resources Substitute Office staff on requirements needed as a substitute. If necessary, bring requested documents to the Substitute Orientation.
Note: Documents, such as resumes and transcripts, submitted to our Substitute Office become the property of NEISD and will not be returned.
As a reminder, all employees must be fingerprinted and cleared through Human Resources prior to beginning employment. In order to begin the hiring process, you will need to follow the steps outlined below.
STEP ONE: Read all Documents and View Videos
It is necessary to read all the documents and view the video clips listed below.
- Employee Benefits
- Critical Incident Response Plan (pdf)
- Emergency Contact/Driver's License Information (pdf) (Active Employee Only)
- Exchange Notification (pdf)
- Employment Board Policies and Regulations
- Standards of Conduct DH - LOCAL
- Educators' Code of Ethics DH - (EXHIBIT)
- Drug Free Workplace DH - LOCAL
- Employee Welfare: Freedom from Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation DIA - LOCAL
- Student Welfare: Child Abuse and Neglect FFG - LEGAL
- Student Welfare: Freedom from Bullying FFI (LOCAL) and FFG (EXHIBIT)
- Guidance Services
- Human Resources
- Technology Services
READ ONLY* You must bring in your official documents (listed on page 9) to verify your employment eligibility on the day of your Substitute Orientation. Failure to bring in these documents will result in your orientation being rescheduled and will delay the process.
- Instructions for Employment Eligibility (FORM I-9) *READ ONLY
STEP TWO: Bring the Following Documents to Orientation
Download, print and bring the following completed documents to orientation to verify employment eligibility:
- Substitute New Hire Packet
- and acceptable I-9 Identification Documents
STEP THREE: Review FAQs
Please review the link below to prepare you for orientation: