The purpose of the School-Age Parenting Program is to reduce the number of students who drop out of school due to pregnancy and/or parenthood and to recover young parents to the education system, promoting graduation with employable skills.
The NEISD School-Age Parenting Program is committed to encourage NEISD pregnant and parenting students through education and support, to become self-sufficient, responsible, and productive citizens. In addition, the School-Age Parenting Program is designed to help students achieve academically and work toward graduation, to access community resources, assist in career readiness and/or job training, to become knowledgeable in child development and enhance positive parenting skills, and to become productive citizens.
- Child care, summer school, and evening high school tuition assistance (limited funds)
- Specific plan for students needs
- Transportation available when needed for pregnancy and parenting services
- Support groups
- Academic and career counseling
- Credit recovery
- Referrals to appropriate community agencies (including, specialized health services, individual and family counseling)
- Pregnancy related services, PRS instruction (post-natal home based instruction)
- Parenting education (including family life skills and knowledge of child development)
Family Support Services
3736 Perrin Central, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78217
Phone: (210) 407-0750
Fax: (210) 653-1160