Audio Visual

  • Document Management oversees the repair for audio-visual equipment for district campuses and departments. Tape recorders, overhead projectors, televisions, record players, VCR's, boom boxes, etc. are types of equipment that fall into the audio-visual category. The repair service is provided by an outside vendor and requests for those services go through the Document Management Department. Campus personnel notifies their Audio-visual Coordinator (generally the Librarian) when repair services are required.


    The following procedures will be followed when requesting AV equipment repair service:

    • The Document Management Specialist will be the point of contact for all Audio-visual repair requests. Any questions that you may have regarding this service may be directed to the Document Management Specialist at 407-0609, the Document Management Manager at 407-0601, or the Director of Document Management at 407-0645.
    • The AV Repair Request Form may be obtained from the "Audio Visual Repair Form" link above. Fax or e-mail the completed form to the Document Management Specialist.
    • Do not release any equipment to an unidentified individual. The couriers who pick up the equipment wear name badges that clearly indicate they are employees of Boyd's Audio Visual Company. Be sure that all equipment is clearly tagged. Having the equipment tagged will lessen the chance of loss. 

    Campuses and Departments Costs

    Currently, campuses and departments do not have to budget for audio-visual repair service. The costs for repair services is assumed by the Document Management Department.