Get Ready NEISD
The It’s Time Texas Community Challenge is Here!!
THANK YOU NEISD!!
We are awaiting final results from It's Time Texas and will email once we have them.
We APPRECIATE everyone's participation and are looking forward to NEISD being announced as the WINNER!
We hope this 8 week challenge has helped you build healthy habits that you continue for a lifetime.
North East ISD is excited to join over 20,000 Texans across 300 communities throughout Texas to compete in the 2023 It’s Time Texas Community Challenge. This eight-week, statewide health competition serves as a fun, free way for us to prioritize our health while going head-to-head against nearby school districts and other campuses in NEISD, while demonstrating our commitment to health! But we can’t do it alone; we need all-hands-on-deck to have a chance to win! North East won the challenge in 2021 and it’s time to bring the trophy back home! See below for more information regarding the Challenge and next steps.
What is the Community Challenge?
- Kick off the New Year with simple healthy habits and be part of something that impacts more than just you! Be part of building a healthier Texas by participating in the It’s Time Texas Community Challenge from Jan. 9 to March 5.
- Download the Community Challenge app and compete. Report daily healthy habits such as drinking water, going for a walk, and eating a healthy snack to earn points. At the end of the competition, the top individuals, school districts, organizations, and communities will win prizes, be recognized, and earn bragging rights until 2024! This year, the NEISD PE and Health Department will also recognize the top school for elementary, middle, and high school.
Join the fun!
- Registration is FREE and open to everyone.
- Select Your Community “San Antonio”
- Be sure to CHOOSE YES to the School District Sub-Challenge and select “North East Isd”
- Select your school. If you do not represent a particular campus, leave it blank and CHOOSE YES to the Employer/Organization Sub-Challenge and select “Northeast ISD (Staff & Faculty)”
- NEISD Employees should also CHOOSE YES to the Employer/Organizataion Sub-Challenge and select "North East ISD"
- To register, scan the Community Challenge QR code with your phone or click here.
- Spread the word to colleagues and friends. Use the referral functionality in the app to send out an invitation to register! Remember, the more people who register, the more points for our organization!
If you have any inquiries regarding the Community Challenge, please reach out to email@example.com and a member of the It’s Time Texas Community Challenge team will be in touch.
How do I earn points?
- Activation Points: A participant will be awarded 500 points for their first reported health action; a change from previous challenges, no points will be awarded for general registration and activation points are rewarding participant engagement instead of initial registration.
- Health Champion Pledge: Under “Spread the Word” section on the app home screen, a participant will be awarded 500 points for taking the Health Champion Pledge.
- Reporting Individual Health Actions: Beginning January 9th, all healthy eating, physical activity, water consumption reports will be awarded 50 points. Participants can begin logging their healthy actions now but points will not be awarded until the Challenge officially opens on January 9th.
- Checking-In: Group activities and healthy destination check-ins found in the "Discover" feature will be awarded 100 points.
- Look for weekly mini-challenges to earn bonus points!