English as a Second Language (ESL) for Adults
Para un idioma diferente, use el botón de traducción de Google en la parte superior izquierda de esta página web.
Pour une langue différente, utilisez le bouton Google Translate en haut à gauche de cette page Web.
برای یک زبان دیگر از دکمه ترجمه گوگل در سمت چپ بالای این صفحه استفاده کنید.
بالنسبة إلى لغة مختلفة ، استخدم زر ترجمة Google في أعلى يمين صفحة الويب هذه.
다른 언어의 경우이 웹 페이지의 왼쪽 상단에있는 google translate 버튼을 사용하십시오.
สำหรับภาษาอื่นใช้ปุ่มแปลภาษา Google ที่ด้านบนซ้ายของหน้าเว็บนี้
Đối với một ngôn ngữ khác, sử dụng nút google dịch ở phía trên bên trái của trang web này.
English Language Acquisition program is defined as "a program of instruction designed to help eligible individuals who are English language learners achieve competence in reading, writing, speaking, and comprehension of the English language; and that leads to attainment of the secondary school diploma or its recognized equivalent; and transition to postsecondary education and training; or employment."
- ESL Basic, level 1, 2, 3, 4/Speech & Writing
- ESL for Professionals -- those who have professional degrees or training from other countries
- High School Equivalency (HSE) in English and in Spanish
- Digital Literacy -- participants must be enrolled, active ESL or HSE student
- Financial Literacy -- participants must be enrolled, active ESL or HSE student
- Workplace Literacy -- participants must be enrolled, active ESL or HSE student
- College Bound -- participants must be enrolled, active ESL or HSE student
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Billing and Coding
English as a Second Language (ESL) Orientation and Registration
Choose date: January 7, 8, or 9, 2019. Choose time: 9:00am or 5:00pm
First come, first served. Orientation session seats are limited.
You will receive a testing appointment. Dates are: January 14 and 15 or 16 and 17; 9:00am or 5:00pm. All students must attend 2-day testing sessions. Each session is 3 hours in length. Plan accordingly. You may not arrive late or leave early.
Bring social security card (if you have one) and identification.
You must be 19 years old or older.
Download ESL Letter to Student's EmployerEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you missed January sessions, check this page soon for February dates.
- Ferrari Learning Center, 107 W. Rampart Drive Day and evening classes
- Jackson Middle School, 4538 Vance Jackson Day classes only
- St John Neumann Catholic Church, 6680 Crestway Drive Day classes only
- Oak Manor Apartments, 2330 Austin Highway Day classes only
- Madison High School, 5005 Stahl Road Evening classes only
- Northern Hills United Methodist Church Community Center, 4306 Naco Pass Day classes only
*Assignments are based on English skill level.
Students have few choices of class site. Not all sites have all classes and English skill levels. You must be willing to accept the class assignment and site offered.
We offer morning, afternoon, and evening classes. There are no weekend classes, sorry.
Are you looking for classes in a different San Antonio area? Check out: https://programs.esc20.net/page/ael.home
By joining our program, you are making a commitment, a promise, to attend class on a regular basis and take required assessments. You do not pay tuition or any fees to participate in our ESL instructional program. You do owe us your time and effort!
Our program is grant-funded with Federal and State funds. When students are absent from class and do not take assessments, our program can lose money to keep our program open.
Carefully consider your work schedule, medical appointments, vacations, childcare and all barriers that might keep you from attending your assigned class.
The NEISD high school equivalency (HSE) prep and ESL distance learning program is at-home computer study. Students interested in participating in distance learning are required to attend regularly scheduled registration and orientation sessions. Acceptance to the distance learning program is subject to availability, entrance exam scores, and computer skills. Students must have transportation to the Ferrari Center located on Rampart Drive.