High School Students
NEISD’s goal is to ensure all students learn at high levels in both a digital or in-person environment and have equitable access to a high quality education.
Getting Ready for Virtual Learning
Synchronous instruction refers to live, scheduled, interactive classes with teachers and students in real-time, teacher-supported work time, and scheduled and timed, online tests.
Asynchronous instruction refers to self-paced instruction with intermittent teacher interaction. There is pre-assigned work with remote formative assessments on the learning management system (LMS) that ensure continued information on student progress. NEISD uses Seesaw for PK-2nd, Seesaw and Google Classroom for 3rd-5th, and Google Classroom.
Blended learning will be used during in-person classroom learning activities to best support teachers and students transition to Distance Learning in the event of a micro closure. A Blended learning environment combines online learning tools with student-centered classroom methods.
High School Virtual Plan
Students will receive a blend of daily Synchronous and Asynchronous Instruction in all core areas. Advanced Placement courses will be handled on a case by case basis.
- Regular grading policies apply
- Dedicated MWF and Tue/Thur schedule
- Daily attendance required
- The teachers will be housed on campus; preferably the home campus
- Students are required to complete daily assignments.
- Purposeful group work
- Guided independent work
- Scheduled tutorials and interventions will be established
- Teachers will establish mandatory, synchronous touchpoints as needed
- Courses taken through Edgenuity for course recovery will not be factored into GPA. Only courses taken for initial credit will count towards GPA
Some courses may not be available in an online setting due to the hands-on application labs.
Dual Credit Classes
More information on Dual Credit Courses will be released soon.
High School Counselors will:
- Coordinate with classroom teachers, 9-12, for a time for the high school counselor to provide live virtual instruction regarding individual planning and guidance curriculum
- Social-Emotional Learning (SEL) will be embedded throughout daily instruction. You can find family support on our NEISD SEL Support Pages
- Provide information on graduation, post-secondary opportunities, FAFSA, etc., via text, email, and websites
- Provide students, 9-12, with access to Career, Career, and Military Readiness opportunities to support future-ready learning and planning
- Be available to meet with students receiving remote/virtual instruction via phone with parent consent - Counseling Support Lines.
- Provide responsive services to students receiving remote/virtual instruction
- The Counseling & Guidance Department will maintain current information regarding mental health and community services for students, families, and staff on the district website