NEISD Adult Education Career Training Scholarships
NEISD Adult Education provides a limited number of scholarships for each of the following designated workforce certification courses:
- Medical Billing & Coding
- Certified Nurse Aide (CNA)
- Pharmacy Technician
Scholarships cover 100% tuition, plus textbooks (if not included in tuition), uniform (if required), and any medical clearance procedures, e.g. TB skin test.
Scholarships do not cover state certification applications or exam fees.
Scholarship applicants must meet ALL of the following:
- Current or former (within past 2 years) Adult Education student in good standing.
- All NEISD Community Education Workforce Certification requirements. See Workforce Certifications. Click on individual career titles.
- Intermediate-high or higher reading and math scores on baseline exams.
- Eligible to work in the United States. Click here for list of sufficient documents.
- Career compatibility test results showing compatibility with desired career training course.
- Essay describing what (career field) is and why you want this training. Minimum essay length is 300 words. Essays are graded by Adult Education instructors using Career Training Scholarship Essay Rubric
- At least one high school equivalency (GED, HiSET, TASC) subtest completion/pass.
- Applicant must complete NEISD Adult Education Scholarship application.
- Applicants who participated in another career training course in a Texas Adult Education and Literacy programs are not eligible for scholarship.
Scholarship Recipient Requirements
All scholarship recipients must:
- Attend all scheduled career training classes.
- Attend all scheduled Adult Education support classes.
- Arrive on time and stay duration.
- Maintain professional appearance.
- Notify instructor(s) in case of absence due to emergent or urgent reason.
IMPORTANT: NEISD Adult Education will not reimburse scholarship recipients for any costs incurred prior to being awarded scholarship monies.