Degrees and Certifications:
A.A Music Education-Del Mar College B.A Music Education w/Teacher Certificate-TAMUCC Orff Certified- Trinity University
Mr. Matthew Trevino
Matthew Trevino is in his 14th year teaching elementary music, and his 9th year teaching the amazing students at Roan Forest Elementary. Trevino was a semifinalist for the 2018 and 2022 Music Educator GRAMMY and is currently on the GRAMMY race as a quarterfinalist for the 5th time. Since establishing his percussion group Sonido in 2015 the group Sonido was invited to perform at the opening ceremonies of the 2017 AOSA Conference in Fort Worth, Sonido was an “invited ensemble” for the 2020 TMEA Convention where they tore the roof off of the house! They have since performed at the Tobin Center, performed for STOMP! Performed for the Spurs, the San Antonio HS All Star Game at the Alamodome, and for countless other performances.
This is my 9th year at Roan Forest. This will be the most exciting one yet. #GOROANFORESTGO
Grading Policy: Kindergarten (Skills & Conduct)
1 = Student is unable to exhibit skill even with direct guidance. Additional instruction is needed.
2 = Student exhibits skill with minimal guidance. Reinforcement needed.
3 = Student exhibits skills independently and consistently.
4 = Student understanding goes beyond grade level expectation.
Grading Policy: 1st-5th Grade
E= Achievement is excellent
- Student consistently demonstrates mastery of TEKS and NEISD Standards exceeding grade-level expectations
- Student puts forth maximum effort, demonstrates self-motivation in meeting learning objectives
- Student has above-average grades on written work, where appropriate
S= Achievement is satisfactory
- Student demonstrates mastery of TEKS and NEISD Standards at grade-level
- Student puts forth expected effort, with minimal redirection to meet learning objectives
- Student has average grades on written work, where appropriate
N= Achievement needs improvement
- Student performs below standard expectations (student satisfies less than 70% of TEKS and NEISD Standards)
- Student puts forth minimal effort
- Student has below average grades on written work, where appropriate
*Parents--In Parent Portal, music grades are shown as a numeric grade. This is not a true representation of the grading that is done during class. I enter the grades as an alpha grade, and this is how they are shown on the report cards. If you have a concern about your child's grade, please feel free to contact me.
How does the numeric grade assigned in parent portal transfer to the final report card?
E = 95
S = 85
N = 75
U = 65