Jostens presented information to our Seniors 2022 on Thursday during their Flex period. In case you missed the presentation and/or you would like to see the information, here is an attachment and a picture with the QR code and link (link only works in the flyer) to get to the Josten's website.
Jostens will be on campus Tuesday, 12/14/21, during all lunches for Seniors to place paper orders. Orders placed online with a $60 deposit will be able to pick up the items that apply on the flyer.
We are excited about this upcoming year! This year will be marked with hard work and celebrations. Please check back often for updated information and important dates.
Please contact Mrs. Cobb at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns regarding senior class information.
As soon as we get more information of how this school year looks, we post senior events here. We will also send out emails communicating when senior dues are due and what they entail. Please contact Mrs. Cobb at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
Jostens - Cap and Gown Ordering
- Jostens presented information to our Seniors 2022 on how to order a cap and gown for Johnson Graduation. All that is required to walk the stage at graduation is the cap, gown, and tassel. In case you missed the presentation and/or you would like to see the information, the attachment is on the left of the screen with the QR code and link.
- Here is the link to the website to order your cap and gown (the cap and gown unit is on page 4 of the "all graduation items"): www.thegraduationcenter.com
- Flash Photography will photograph every graduate at least twice during the ceremony. Complimentary proofs will be mailed and emailed within 2 weeks of the ceremony. If you have any questions, please contact Flash directly at 888/325-3930 or through their website at https://flashphotography.com/contact.
Monday, January 31
- Summa Speeches are Due! All Summa Graduates need to submit his/her script at the link sent out in your email – or you can find it in the Summa Google Classroom page.
Monday, January 31
- Summa Pictures: All Summa Graduates need to sign up for a time to have their picture taken with his/her honoree. Sign-ups will be held in A 128. These are the ONLY two days (Thursday, 2/10/22 or Friday 2/11/22) that portraits will be taken. Only 2 students can sign up for the same 10-minute slot. Photos of summa and educator will be taken separately and then printed side by side for the Summa Booklet and Yearbook, along with the script written about the educator.
Wednesday, February 23
- Graduation Speaker Tryouts for the Master of Ceremonies Auditions: 4:15 p.m. Tryouts will be held in the Library’s Small Conference Room.
- To audition for the Master of Ceremonies:
- Seniors should prepare a short Welcome Speech to perform for the judges – no longer than one minute and bring 4 copies of their speech with them.
- Seniors also need to pick up a script from Mrs. Cobb in A 353 prior to the audition.
Thursday, February 24
- Graduation Speaker Tryouts for the Commencement Address: 4:15 p.m. Tryouts will be held in the Library’s Small Conference Room.
- To try out for the Commencement Address:
- Seniors should prepare a Commencement Address to perform for the judges.
- Seniors need to bring 4 copies of their speech with them.
Friday, March 25
- Deadline for Scholarships to be turned in to Mrs. Miller in the Counseling Office in order for them to be included in the Senior Awards Program.
Saturday, March 26
- Senior Prom at the JW Marriott: Enchanted Forest will take place at the JW Marriott Hill Country Resort and Spa from 7pm until Midnight. Starting Tuesday, February 1st until Friday, March 4th, the price of a ticket will be $65. After Spring Break, from March 14th until March 25th, the price of a ticket will increase to $75. Tickets will be available for purchase before and after school in Room A359 (Mr. Farias’s classroom). Only cash and check payments will be accepted. Checks can be made payable to Johnson High School. Please contact the Junior Class sponsor, Mr. Daniel Farias at firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions.
Monday, March 28
- CTJ Summa Reception: Reception and Recognition for Summa Cum Laude Students 6:30-8 p.m.
Thursday, March 31
- King of the Court Senior Guys Volleyball Game: 1st Annual Senior Guys Volleyball Game 5:00 p.m. in the Main Gym.
Tuesday, April 5
- Senior Field Trip: Seniors who have paid their senior dues AND turned in a Field Trip Permission Form by the deadline will meet in the courtyard at 8:55 a.m. Seniors who are not going on the field trip must report to the Auditorium and sign in for attendance. .
April 11 – 14
- Senior Dress Up Week: Daily Themes will be posted
Thursday, April 14
- Powder Puff Game: 12th Annual Senior Girls vs. Junior Girls 5:00 p.m. on the football field.
Thursday, April 14
- Graduation Invitation Delivery: Jostens will be on campus to deliver Graduation Invitations and other merchandise seniors purchased.
Monday, April 25
- Johnson Senior Awards – 7:00 p.m. – Littleton Gym in Blossom Athletic Center. Seniors being honored will receive invitations to attend the Awards Ceremony.
Friday, April 29
- Deadline for Scholarships to be turned in to Mrs. Miller in the Counseling Office to be included in the Graduation Program.
Friday, April 29
- Deadline to submit pictures for the Senior Slideshow: Seniors need to submit one (1) baby picture, one (1) current picture, and one (1) group picture (any age) for the slideshow to email@example.com. Make sure to include your name. Senior Slideshow will be shown during our Mandatory Senior Meeting in May.
May 19 - May 25
- Senior Final Exams
Wednesday, May 25 MANDATORY:
- From 10:05a.m. - 10:45 a.m. - Senior Meeting in the Auditorium. After your 2nd period exam, go to the Senior Auditorium. You will be released around 10:45 a.m.
Wednesday, May 25
- Senior Sunset: 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm: Senior Sunset event will be held on the Johnson Practice Field. Student Council is making this a fun, memory-making event.
- SENIORS ONLY
- Johnson HS Practice Field
- Kona Ice – DJ – games
- Free t-shirt for 1st 500 seniors
- Photo Backdrops
- Final Class of 2022 group photo taken at sunset
Thursday, May 26 MANDATORY:
- Graduation Meeting/Rehearsal. More information will be posted soon. Plan to be on campus from 8:50 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- We will seperate the senior class into two groups based on where you are sitting at Graduation. The first group will start on the band pad for a Graduation Rehearsal. Then this group will go to the Auditorium for a senior meeting.
- The second group will start in the auditorium with a senior meeting and then move to the band pad for a Graduation Rehearsal.
- At the end of both rotations, you will have a senior barbeque.
Friday, May 27 MANDATORY:
- Graduation Meeting/Rehearsal on campus. We will meet in the Auditorium 8:50 a.m. and have a Senior Meeting and Senior Slideshow. After we will have a snack and you will be released. Plan on being on campus from 8:50 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. More information will be posted soon.
- Mandatory Alamo Dome Graduation Rehearsal is from 2:00 - 4:30 p.m. Please plan accordingly. You are responsible for your own transportation to and from the Alamo Dome.
- Park in Lots B and C.
Monday, May 30: Johnson Graduation!!! Seniors are to be in their line up by 6:00 p.m. Parking is in Lots B and C. We will share more information in the senior meetings and it will be posted on this website.
****Any Senior unable to attend these MANDATORY senior MUST get PRIOR approval from Mr. Comalander. If a senior misses one of these events, he/she may be pulled from graduation.
Important Senior Information
Important dates on transcripts and class rank for Seniors:
- The final, official 7th semester rank will be available to seniors on January 14th. This rank can be used for college applications with a spring deadline.
- Students who are applying to colleges must request that Johnson High School send an official transcript to the colleges. The transcript request can only be done through this website: https://neisdtx.scriborder.com
- Cost for each transcript is $5.00. Debit/credit cards are accepted. Allow 5 school days to process the request. Transcripts used for scholarships, military, or athletic recruitment are free. Call Mrs. Miller, our Senior Counseling Clerk, at 210-356-0557 to request a coupon code for these specific requests.
- Students who are 18 or older can request transcripts themselves; students 17 and younger must include a Parent Authorization Form and a copy of parent photo ID.
Prestige Portraits will once again be photographing our seniors for their yearbook pose. The studio is open for appointments now and we are encouraging students to take advantage of this time to make sure they are photographed and included in the yearbook.
It’s possible you have already received a mailer from Prestige Portraits - but if not, here are the highlights:
- To be included in the yearbook, students must be photographed by Prestige Portraits.
- The cap and gown pose with the black background is the pose that will appear in the yearbook. While the studio might take a variety of poses depending on your package selection, seniors must choose one of the cap and gown poses with the black background to be included in the yearbook.
- There is no charge to be photographed for the yearbook. There are a variety of other packages available for purchase at various price points.
- Prestige Portraits has the CTJ cap and gown on hand as well as the campus’ NHS collar for students who are members.
- Students may not wear honor cords in their yearbook image. Seniors are certainly welcome to be photographed wearing an honor cord for their personal copy, but these images will not be used in the yearbook.
- Students must also adhere to the NEISD dress code to have their photo included in the yearbook. No unnatural hair color or facial piercings will be allowed for the yearbook photo. You will be asked to retake your photo for inclusion in the yearbook if time permits. Otherwise, you are risking your image being pulled from the yearbook.
- Seniors will see proofs of their images and be able to select their chosen yearbook pose. Once selected, the image will be provided to the school for use in the yearbook.
- You can make your appointment by going online at this link - Prestige Portraits - San Antonio Or you can call the studio at (210) 691 - 1284. If you have any questions – just email the yearbook adviser (Mrs. Jewett) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Everything about yearbook ads, photos, sales is on www.myjagyearbook.com