This information was shared with our Senior Class on February 5, 2019. Please read for important information about Graduation, Prom, Senior Awards, Scholarships, and much much more. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Cobb at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are excited about this upcoming year! This year will be marked with hard work and celebrations. Please check back often for updated information and important dates.
Claudia Taylor "Lady Bird" Johnson High School
2018 - 2019 Senior Timeline
(Please check back periodically, some dates and times are subject to change)
Friday, May 10 Deadline to submit pictures for the Senior Slideshow:
- Seniors need to submit one (1) baby picture, one (1) current picture, and one (1) group picture for the slideshow to email@example.com. Make sure to include your name.
May 30 – June 4 Senior Final Exams
Tuesday, June 4 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm Senior Sunset:
- Senior Sunset event will be held on the Johnson sports fields. This is event includes carnival-type games, many giveaways and food trucks to purchase dinner. Ensure your senior has their raffle ticket from Student Council and plans to attend this fun, memory-making event. Also, seniors will have an opportunity to sign their college sign that will be used for pictures on June 6.
Wednesday, June 5
- In the Morning (MANDATORY):
- Senior Breakfast will be served from 8:00 a.m – 8:30 a.m. in the Band Parking Lot.
- Seniors will also have a final opportunity to sign their college sign that will be used for pictures on June 6.
- Seniors must report to the Band Parking lot at Johnson High School no later than 8:35 a.m. to check in with counselors to locate their seat for the Mandatory CAMPUS Graduation Rehearsal.
- In the Afternoon (MANDATORY):
- MANDATORY Graduation Rehearsal at Joe and Harry Freeman Coliseum – Seniors must report to the Coliseum no later than 12:45 p.m. and check in with the counselors to locate their seats. Rehearsal will start promptly at 1:00 p.m.
- Students must have no textbook fines or other obligations. Seniors will need to clear all outstanding fines/obligations in the AP office or Mrs. Bohannon in the Bookkeeping Office.
Thursday, June 6
- 8:45 a.m (MANDATORY) – Seniors must report to the Auditorium for a Mandatory Senior Meeting (Graduation Meeting, Senior Slideshow, and Parking Passes).
- After the Graduation Meeting– Seniors with no outstanding obligations will collect their Cap and Gowns from Josten’s in the auditorium then head out to front Patio Area for their Senior Barbeque.
- On their way to the barbeque, seniors are encouraged to take pictures with their college sign displayed in the front lawn for memories and social media.
- All textbook fines and other obligations must be taken care of before leaving campus today. Seniors will clear all outstanding fines/obligations in the AP Office or Mrs. Bohannon, in the Bookkeeping Office.
Saturday, June 8
- (MANDATORY) Graduation – Freeman Coliseum – 2:30 p.m. Report at Freeman Coliseum no later than 1:30 p.m. At 1:45 p.m. we will begin lining up seniors for graduation!! DO NOT be late. If a senior student is not there in time, we have to pull that student from the line-up.
****Any Senior unable to attend these MANDATORY senior MUST get PRIOR approval from Mr. Comalander. If a senior misses one of these events, he/she may be pulled from graduation.
Cap and Gown Orders:
- Seniors went to the Cap and Gown Assembly on 11/28.
- In order for seniors to walk the stage at Johnson Graduation, they need a Cap and Gown from Jostens.
- As of now, the best way to order is to order ONLINE at www.thegraduationcenter.com.
- Questions? Please email Mrs. Cobb at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We would like to invite you and your student(s) to sign up for the Senior Remind account. You will receive text message updates about scholarship opportunities, college visits, important dates, senior events and more. Text @2019CTJ to #81010
- Counseling Office needs to have a copy of any letters with scholarship awards.
- Bring any award letters to Mrs. Miller in the counseling office.
- Scholarships will be featured in the Senior Awards Program and the Graduation Program IF they are submitted by the deadlines.
- Please check back for the deadlines for the Senior Awards Program and the Graduation Program.
- Counseling Office needs to have a copy of the acceptance letter to the college / university you will be attending.
As the year evolves we will update many new dates, so check back often. :)
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Cobb at email@example.com