We are excited about this upcoming year! This year will be marked with hard work and celebrations. Please check back often for updated information and important dates.
As soon as we get more information of how this school year looks, we post senior events here. We will also send out emails communicating when senior dues are due and what they entail. Please contact Mrs. Cobb at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
Claudia Taylor “Lady Bird” Johnson High School
2020-2021 Senior Timeline
January 27 & 28 Summa Pictures
- All Summa Graduated need to sign up for a time to have their picture taken with his/her honoree. Questions? Please contact Mrs. Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org
TBD Graduation Speaker Tryouts for the Welcome Speech, Commencement Address, and Master of Ceremonies Auditions
To try out for the Welcome Speech or Commencement Address
- Seniors should prepare a Welcome Speech and/or Commencement Address to perform for the judges.
- Seniors need to submit a copy of their speech to Mrs. Cobb (email@example.com) before the audition.
To audition for the Master of Ceremonies
- Seniors need to request a script from Mrs. Cobb (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to the audition.
More Information is forthcoming about Speaker Tryouts
Wednesday, March 17
- Deadline for Scholarships to be turned in to Mrs. Miller in the Counseling Office in order for them to be included in the Senior Awards Program.
TBD CTJ Summa Reception
- Reception and Recognition for Summa Cum Laude Students.
- More information will be available soon.
TBD Graduation Invitation Delivery
- Jostens will be on campus to deliver Graduation Invitations and other merchandise seniors purchased.
- More information will be available soon.
Wednesday, April 21
- Johnson Senior Awards – Seniors being honored will receive more information soon.
Thursday, April 11
- Deadline for Scholarships to be turned in to Mrs. Miller in the Counseling Office to be included in the Graduation Program.
Friday, April 30
- Deadline to submit pictures for the Senior Slideshow
- Seniors need to submit one (1) baby picture, one (1) current picture, and one (1) group picture (any age) for the slideshow to email@example.com. Make sure to include your name.
May 21, 24, 25 & 26 Senior Final Exams
May 31, 2021 2:30 p.m. Johnson High School Graduation
- More information will be posted soon.
Graduation Cap and Gowns / Invitations
- In order to walk the stage at Johnson HS Graduation 2021, seniors must have a cap, gown, and tassel.
- If you have not ordered, you can still order at www.thegraduationcenter.com OR you can order in person at their office located near the airport at 2102 Mannix Dr. 78217
- All items are available to order online at www.thegraduationcenter.com. Make sure you choose "Johnson High School" as your school.
- On their website, look at the top left corner with the three bars titled "Menu" - then click on "Show All Items". Here you can order all items individually, or within a package. The cap and gown unit is on page 6 of "All Items"
- There is a deadline of November 1st.
- If you want/need a paper packet, there are packets at the Welcome Center.
- Seniors must be photographed by Prestige Portraits to have their senior portrait included in the yearbook.
- Seniors must be photographed by October 31 in the cap and gown pose with the black background to be included in the yearbook.
- There is no charge to be photographed for the yearbook only - although there will be other pose and package options available for purchase.
- Prestige will not allow walk-ins this year, so it's very important that seniors set up an appointment as soon as possible.
- Prestige services most of the large campuses in the city, so the appointments will go fast. To get an appointment, seniors need to call 210-691-1284.
- We have a sales link up and running if you are ready to purchase your 2021 This book will be unlike any other as the students work to document a most unusual year.
- Right now, books are at their lowest price - only $65 - but that price will go up to $70 in mid-October. Just go to myjagyearbook.comand you'll find the link to make your purchase.
- And now you can go to myjagyearbook.comto get all the information about yearbook you might need. This is where we have the sales link posted, the senior ad sales link as well as ways you can help us out by contributing photos to the yearbook. Check back often to see our updates!
- The Claudia Taylor “Lady Bird” Johnson High School Class of 2021 is preparing for a fantastic year! We know that this school year looks different than any school year we have experienced; however, we are still planning on celebrating your senior year! This year will be marked with hard work, new experiences, and celebrations.
- In order to provide events for the senior class, a $45 senior activity fee will be assessed from each student. This $45 is in lieu of charging separately for all the planned senior activities (senior breakfasts, senior barbeque, senior field trip, and senior merchandise, such as the Class of 2021 t-shirt, cap, and a senior yard sign in Spring).
- You can pay Senior Dues at https://neisd.schoolcashonline.com All payments should be made through the website.
- When we get back to face to face meeting, or when we can arrange a safe pick up, all senior merchandise, including shirt sizes AND colors, will be given out. We will follow up with more details as soon as we know how and when we will hand out senior merchandise.
- If we are unable to do some of the activities we are planning, we will either substitute it with a comparable activity adhering to any guidelines at that time, or we will use the money set aside for that activity and give seniors a senior gift at the end of the year. As with everything, we are unsure what this year will bring, but we want to celebrate the wonderful achievement and excitement that this senior year brings!
- Please contact Mrs. Cobb (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mrs. Koehl at (email@example.com) if you have any questions or concerns regarding senior class information.