Senior Class Fundraiser!
Eat some wonderful food and support the Johnson Senior Class at the same time! On Thursday, March 9, Panda Express is donating a portion of all proceeds to Johnson PTSA Senior Class. You need to show the flyer on your phone, or a paper given in order for the purchase to be included in the fundraiser. The flyer is attached HERE and on the left side of the webpage.
Please check back often for updated information and important dates.
Please contact Mrs. Cobb at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns regarding senior class information.
Wednesday, January 18 Senior Honor Cards: Seniors received word of their Honor graduation status during their lunch period.
Monday, January 23 Summa Information: For seniors that are Summa Graduates, they will receive information from counseling regarding the Summa Ceremony.
Thursday, January 26 Summa Meeting: Meeting for Summa Graduates during Flex period
Tuesday, January 31 Cap and Gown Order Deadline: Deadline to order your Graduation Cap & Gown and guarantee to receive the correct size and on-time delivery. Order at www.thegraduationcenter.com
February 9 & 10 Summa Pictures: All Summa Graduates need to sign up for a time to have their picture taken with his/her honoree. Sign-ups will be held in A 128. These are the ONLY two days (Thursday, 2/9/23 or Friday 2/10/23) that portraits will be taken. Only 2 students can sign up for the same 10-minute slot. Photos of summa and educator will be taken separately and then printed side by side for the Summa Booklet and Yearbook, along with the script written about the educator.
Wednesday, March 1 Graduation Speaker Tryouts for the Master of Ceremonies Auditions: 4:15 p.m. Tryouts will be held in the Library.
To audition for the Master of Ceremonies:
- Seniors should prepare a short Welcome Speech to perform for the judges – no longer than one minute and bring 4 copies of their speech with them.
- Seniors also need to pick up a script from Mrs. Cobb in A 353 prior to the audition.
Thursday, March 2 Graduation Speaker Tryouts for the Commencement Address: 4:15 p.m. Tryouts will be held in the Library.
To try out for the Commencement Address:
- Seniors should prepare a Commencement Address to perform for the judges.
- Seniors need to bring 4 copies of their speech with them.
Friday, March 24 Deadline for Scholarships to be turned in to Mrs. Miller in the Counseling Office in order for them to be included in the Senior Awards Program. To report your scholarship offers, whether you are accepting them or not, Mrs. Miller will need the following to be able to accept the scholarship information. She needs to be provided a letter, e-mail or certificate that shows: (1) the student’s name, (2) the name of the college/university on letterhead or in the body of the notification, (3) the scholarship name, and (4) the scholarship amount. The scholarship amount will NOT be in print on any program (Senior Award or Graduation program). This information remains confidential within Johnson High School.
Thursday, March 30 King of the Court Volleyball Tournament: 2nd Annual Senior Guys King of the Court Volleyball Tournament 5:00 p.m. in the Main Gym.
Monday, April 3 CTJ Summa Reception
Reception and Recognition for Summa Cum Laude Students 6:30-8 p.m. Johnson High School Auditorium
April 10 - 14 Senior Dress Up Week: Daily Themes will be posted
Tuesday, April 11 Graduation Invitation and Cap & Gown Delivery: Jostens will be on campus to deliver Graduation Invitations and other merchandise seniors purchased during all lunches. This is the ONLY time Jostens will be on campus to distribute graduation materials. If you do not pick up on this day, you will need to pick up from their warehouse.
Thursday, April 13 Powder Puff Game: 13th Annual Senior Girls vs. Junior Girls 5:00 p.m. on the football field.
Monday, April 24 Johnson Senior Awards – 7:00 p.m. – Littleton Gym in Blossom Athletic Center
Seniors being honored will receive invitations to attend the Awards Ceremony.
Tuesday, April 25 Deadline for Scholarships to be turned in to Mrs. Miller in the Counseling Office to be included in the Graduation Program. To report your scholarship offers, whether you are accepting them or not, Mrs. Miller will need the following to be able to accept the scholarship information. She needs to be provided a letter, e-mail or certificate that shows: (1) the student’s name, (2) the name of the college/university on letterhead or in the body of the notification, (3) the scholarship name, and (4) the scholarship amount. The scholarship amount will NOT be in print on any program (Senior Award or Graduation program). This information remains confidential within Johnson High School.
Friday, April 21 Deadline to submit pictures for the Senior Slideshow: Seniors need to submit one (1) baby picture, one (1) current picture, and one (1) group picture (any age) for the slideshow to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include your name.
Saturday, May 6 Senior Prom at the Grand Hyatt Riverwalk 7 pm - midnight
Only cash and check payments will be accepted. Checks can be made payable to Johnson High School. Please contact the Junior Class sponsor, Mr. Daniel Farias at email@example.com, with any questions.
May 18, 19, 22 & 23 Senior Final Exams – subject to adjustment
Tuesday, May 23 Senior Sunset: 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm: Senior Sunset event will be held on the Johnson sports fields. Student Council is making plans to make this a fun, memory-making event. (This date is subject to change)
TBD MANDATORY Graduation Rehearsal on the Band Pad:
TBD MANDATORY Graduation Senior Meeting in the Auditorium:
Saturday, May 27 at 2:00 p.m. – Johnson Graduation. More information to follow.
****Any Senior unable to attend these MANDATORY senior MUST get PRIOR approval from Mr. Comalander. If a senior misses one of these events, he/she may be pulled from graduation.
Important Senior Information
PANORAMIC ORDERING INFORMATION
Seniors took a panoramic picture on Tuesday, November 29. If you are interested in purchasing a panoramic picture, please click here for the flyer. The PDF is also attached on the left of the screen.
Panoramic Photos Online
Shop & view photos at www.herndonpanoramics.com
Shipping fees apply & all photos are mailed
For more information call: 210.413.5077
$25~1-10x32 Senior Class Panoramic
$35~ 1-10x32 Sr Class & 1-5x15 Fun Pose
$40~ 1-10x320 Sr. Class & 1-10x25 Aerial Formation 23
$45~ 1-Sr. Class & -Aerial Form. 23 & 1~Fun Pose
$25~1-10x32 Jaguar Band
Graduation Cap and Gown Ordering Information
- Seniors attended a Jostens presentation on ordering caps and gowns for Graduation. Please see the flyer linked on the left for more information, or click here.
- In order to provide events for the senior class, a $50 senior activity fee will be assessed from each student. This $50 is in lieu of charging separately for all the planned senior activities (senior breakfasts, senior barbeque, senior field trip, and senior merchandise, such as the Class of 2023 t-shirt, cap, and decals).
- You can pay senior dues online at: https://neisd.schoolcashonline.com/
- All senior merchandise, including shirt sizes, will be given out on a first come, first serve basis at Senior Prep Day, so to ensure the size you want, Senior Prep Day is imperative. After senior merchandise has been depleted, no new orders will be made. Senior dues will continue to be $50.00.
- Any senior unable to attend Senior Prep Day should come by Mrs. Cobb’s room A 353 the first week of school to provide proof of payment and pick up his/her senior merchandise.
- We know that situations can change quickly, so if we are unable to do some of the activities we are planning, we will either substitute it with a comparable activity adhering to any guidelines at that time, or we will use the money set aside for that activity and give seniors a senior gift at the end of the year. We are excited to celebrate the wonderful achievements and excitement that this senior year brings!
- Please contact Mrs. Cobb (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions or concerns regarding senior class information.
Looking forward to a fantastic year!
Prestige Portraits will once again be photographing our seniors for their yearbook pose. The studio is open for appointments now and we are encouraging students to take advantage of this time to make sure they are photographed and included in the yearbook.
It’s possible you have already received a mailer from Prestige Portraits - but if not, here are the highlights:
For Our Seniors - please remember that your senior portrait must be taken by Prestige Portraits at their studio in the cap and gown pose to be included in the yearbook. Seniors must be photographed by Prestige by November 14 this year to be included in the yearbook. Seniors can sign up for a studio appointment time by going to this link -
- To be included in the yearbook, students must be photographed by Prestige Portraits.
- The cap and gown pose with the black background is the pose that will appear in the yearbook. While the studio might take a variety of poses depending on your package selection, seniors must choose one of the cap and gown poses with the black background to be included in the yearbook.
- There is no charge to be photographed for the yearbook. There are a variety of other packages available for purchase at various price points.
- Prestige Portraits has the CTJ cap and gown on hand as well as the campus’ NHS collar for students who are members.
- Students may not wear honor cords in their yearbook image. Seniors are certainly welcome to be photographed wearing an honor cord for their personal copy, but these images will not be used in the yearbook.
- Students must also adhere to the NEISD dress code to have their photo included in the yearbook. No unnatural hair color or facial piercings will be allowed for the yearbook photo. You will be asked to retake your photo for inclusion in the yearbook if time permits. Otherwise, you are risking your image being pulled from the yearbook.
- Seniors will see proofs of their images and be able to select their chosen yearbook pose. Once selected, the image will be provided to the school for use in the yearbook.
- You can make your appointment by going online at this link - Prestige Portraits - San Antonio Or you can call the studio at (210) 691 - 1284. If you have any questions – just email the yearbook adviser (Mrs. Jewett) at email@example.com
Everything about yearbook ads, photos, sales is on www.myjagyearbook.com
NHS General Membership Meeting Dates
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Mrs. Shannon Wylie at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thursday, September 1st @ 4:30 PM in the Library MPR Room
- Friday, September 2nd @ 8:15 AM in the Library MPR Room
- Tuesday, October 4th @ 8:15 AM in the Library MPR Room
- Wednesday, October 5th @ 4:30 PM in the Library MPR Room
- Tuesday, November 1st @ 8:15 AM in the Library MPR Room
- Wednesday, November 2nd @ 4:30 PM in the Library MPR Room
- Thursday, December 1st @ 4:30 PM in the Library MPR Room
- Friday, December 2nd @ 8:15 AM in the Library MPR Room
- Thursday, January 5th @ 4:30 PM in the Library MPR Room
- Friday, January 6th @ 8:15 AM in the Library MPR Room
- Thursday, February 2nd @ 4:30 PM in the Library MPR Room
- Friday, February 3rd @ 8:15 AM in the Library MPR Room
- Tuesday, March 7th @ 8:15 AM in the Library MPR Room
- Wednesday, March 8th @ 4:30 PM in the Library MPR Room
- Tuesday, April 4th @ 8:15 AM in the Library MPR Room
- Wednesday, April 5th @ 4:30 PM in the Library MPR Room
More Dates Will Continually Be Added