Students are welcome to come in before school, after school or during their lunch period. Counselors are also available for students and parents through phone, email and zoom Monday-Friday 8:00-4:45 pm. To find your counselor, click on "Find my counselor" (located above) for their name and contact information.
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 4:45 pm
Counseling Office Phone: (210) 356-0404
Fax: (210) 356-0428
For academic advice, questions about CCMR or financial aid, contact:
Find Your School Counselor
Guidance & Counseling Department
For questions about testing programs and preparation, contact:
Your School Counselor
For questions about CTE courses, career certificates and industry certifications, contact:
Career & Technical Education
For more information about magnet programs, contact:
Mental Wellness Counselors
Student Well-Being & Mental Wellness counselors help students develop life skills to meet the complex challenges that may arises at school, at home, or in the community. The goal of our counselors is to maximize students' success emotionally, socially, behaviorally, and academically.
I need help...
I want to get involved...
I want to get more engaged...
Counselors in the Classroom
The NEISD Counselors teach guidance lessons in the classroom to support and enhance the learning process. Some of the topics include:
- Coping Skills - Help equip students with the skills they need to address anxiety, frustration, anger, sadness, and a variety of other stressful emotions in healthy ways.
- Healthy Relationships - Help students identify and recognize healthy and unhealthy relationships, and teach them the skills to make positive choices.
- Bullying/Cyberbullying - Help students learn all aspects of bullying/cyberbullying, and focus on prevention and character education.
- Self-Awareness - Teach students how to be aware of their own thoughts and feelings, and how to self-regulate their emotions and responses.
- Drug Prevention and Awareness - Equip students with the skills to make healthy choices necessary for a full and productive life.
- College and Career Readiness- Provide multiple opportunities for students to explore a variety of careers and help them align their educational choices with their future career goals.