Degrees and Certifications:
B.S. in Early Childhood Education M.Ed. in Special Education with a specialization in Autism
Ms. Rebecca "Becky" Schmidt
Hi, I am Becky Schmidt! I moved to San Antonio in early 2015 from Florida where I had lived for most of my life. I love to travel, hike, read, watch football, create quilts, go to the movies, and spend time with family and friends. I have 5 children at home ranging in ages from 1 to 7. I even have a Pre-K student here at Monteomgery!
I have been teaching since 2002. I have taught 2nd grade, Kindergaten and Pre-K, as a general education teacher. I have also taught special education Pre-K and Kindergarten. I have a bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education and a master's degree in Special Education.
My goal as your child's teacher is to help them become independent individuals and successful learners. I want to set them up for the best school career possible! It is going to be an amazing year!
I am the Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) teacher here at Montgomery and I will be coteaching with Mrs. Escamilla. Below is a copy of our schedule, just remember it is subject to change at times.
- 7:00-7:25 Breakfast
- 7:30-7:50 Morning Routine
- 7:50-8:20 Morning Meeting / Read Aloud
- 8:20-9:10 Specials (PE, Music or Art)
- 9:10-9:40 Content Circle - Literacy
- 9:40-10:00 Content Circle - Math
- 10:00-11:00 Learning Centers and Small Groups
- 11:00-11:20 Content Circle - Science / Social Studies
- 11:20-11:50 Content Circle - Social Emotional Learning
- 11:50-12:20 Lunch
- 12:20-12:40 Recess
- 12:40-1:00 Read Aloud
- 1:00-2:00 Rest
- 2:00-2:30 Learning Centers
- 2:30-2:40 Afternoon Meeting
- 2:40-2:45 Dismissal