Serving Grades 6-8
Welcome Wranglers! BE BETTER!
“WMS continues to educate confident, independent thinkers to be successful in future life endeavors.”
VisionWe believe functioning as a PLC is the most promising path to achieving our mission. We envision a community in which:
- Staff and students interact in a manner that builds positive relationships
- Staff and students enjoy coming to school each day to learn and grow
- Teachers use student data as a guide to improve learning.
- Teachers collaborate to create a guaranteed and viable curriculum using research-based, purposeful instructional strategies to ensure high levels of learning.
- Teachers facilitate learning through student choice and productive struggle.
- Students positively influence the WMS community by actively participating in campus groups
- Students are actively and confidently engaged in their learning
- Students track progress toward their learning goals, provide feedback, and share their next steps.
We serve our students’ educational needs in a holistic approach. Our teachers remediate, strengthen, and grow our students based on their INDIVIDUAL academic needs. We offer multiple electives that most campuses do not offer, such as dance, robotics and computer science, mariachi, musical theater, and agriculture classes. We want our student body connected to an elective or extracurricular activity to help enhance their learning in ALL of their classes.
Please take a few moments to become familiar with our Student Handbook and Code of Conduct. North East ISD schools foster a climate of equity and mutual respect for the rights of others. Students are expected to respect the rights and privileges of other students, teachers, and school employees.Read the Handbook
Welcome to the Madison Cluster in the North East Independent School District. As a Wood Middle School School student, your child will establish a passion, curiosity, and foundation for life-long learning while nurturing their social and emotional skills. Outside of the classroom, your child can embrace what they love or try something new through diverse clubs, programs and organizations.
Your child will discover even more opportunities at Harris and Wood Middle School. As their academic foundation expands in the classroom, their circle of friends and experiences will grow through new opportunities in Athletics, Fine Arts, Student Council, National Junior Honor Society, competitive UIL contests, and more.
At Madison High School, your child will excel academically and socially while embracing beloved Maverick traditions with memories that will last a lifetime. Your child has the freedom and support to pursue their passions in a variety of nationally recognized programs, organizations, and clubs – from Athletics to JROTC, Band, Dance, PALS, Photography, UIL, and much more. Madison is also home to the nationally-recognized Agriscience Magnet Program (AMP). This magnet prepares high school students for agribusiness careers in seven pathways, including animal science, veterinary medicine, mechanized agriculture, and plant science.
There’s so much to discover in the Madison cluster. Thank you for choosing NEISD.