- Subject grades will be categorized and weighted as follows:
- Reading, Math, Social Studies, Science:
- 3 Categories: Daily Work-60%, Tests-30%, Quizzes-10%
- Language Arts
- Grammar: 40 %
- Writing: 40%
- Spelling: 20%
- When a child earns less than a 70% on a graded assignment or test, he/she will have an opportunity to work with the teacher on the missed concept for a re-teach in class, and then the assignment/test may be corrected or redone in class or sent home for an opportunity to earn up to a 70%.
- LATE WORK
- Students are responsible for completing and turning in homework and class assignments on time. Students will receive a responsibility mark for a homework assignment received after its due date.
- Teacher may deduct up to 20% from the total grade earned as a late penalty for any assignment turned in after the due date in accordance with District published regulations.
- MAKE-UP WORK
When a student has been absent, he/she should request make-up work upon returning to school. For each day absent, a student has one day to make up the assignment. In the event of an unexcused absence, a 20% reduction in the total grade earned will be taken.