Students will be required to purchase/rent the following items.
- Correct size instrument in good working condition with “first frets” fingerboard tapes
- Method book (see below)
- Wire music stand (for at home practice and performances away from campus)
- 2 AAA batteries for in class tuners
- Pencil to mark music or book
- Cleaning cloth kept in your case (old t-shirt works great)
- Rock stop (cellos and basses)
- Shoulder rest (violins and violas)
- Name tag on your case
- 1 inch 3-ring binder with 3 dividers
- Box of tissues
Students are responsible for having their materials during their scheduled class time. Please make sure your child has gathered their materials before their scheduled zoom time.
Can be found at Alamo City Strings, Antonio Strad, Terra Nova Violins, Music and Arts or RBC Music.
1st period (Concertino)
- Essential Elements for Strings Book 1, Michael Allen, Hal Leonard Publications (orange book)
3rd (Symphony), 4th (Allegro) and 6th periods (Honors)
- Essential Elements for Strings Book 2, Michael Allen, Hal Leonard Publications (purple book)
- Essential Techniques for Strings by Michael Allen, Hal Leonard Publications (green book)
Make sure you purchase book for the correct instrument!!!