State law requires students in Texas schools to be immunized against certain vaccine-preventable diseases. Getting your child vaccinated not only protects your child’s health, but also that of the community.
7th grade REQUIRED vaccinations:
According to state immunization requirements, 7th grade students (2021-22) must have the following immunizations to start school on August 16, 2021:
Tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis containing vaccine (Tdap)
* One booster dose if at least 5 years have passed since the last tetanus- containing vaccine was received.
* One dose of meningococcal vaccine after age 10 or 11
* Please review your child's immunization record to be sure your child has received the required immunizations.
* Provide a copy to the school nurse as soon as possible to ensure your student will be cleared to start school. The nurse is currently back on campus.
* Students not cleared will not be counted as present. Students not present on the first day of school, will need to be re-enrolled by parent.
Records can be scanned and e-mailed to the school nurse at MAPPLE1@NEISD.NET , faxed to (210)650-1309, or dropped off to the Clinic.
Exemption forms information:
Call or make an appointment online for the University Mobile Health Clinics
http://www.healthyuexpress.com/ (Click on the Family Health Icon)
University of the Incarnate Word is offering Covid 19 and Back to School Vaccines at No Cost to You! No appointment necessary!
Location: Second Baptist Church
Address: 3310 E. Commerce St. San Antonio, TX 78220
Time: 1 pm to 6 pm
Aug 9, 10, 11, & 12