Students who are interested in being in the GT Program will need to be referred and have an online permission form completed to test and service by:
August 31st for 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students
October 31 for 2nd grade students
December 16th for Kindergarten students
Students are given nationally normed assessments in the following areas:
- Reading and Math Achievement
- Verbal, Quantitative, and Nonverbal Ability
- Spatial Reasoning
- Qualitative Data
Those who meet the criteria for GT placement must earn exceptionally high scores on multiple assessments.
- Percentile scoring compares students nationally and by age versus percent correct scoring.
- Students who score in the top 5-6% percentile show an ACADEMIC NEED for services in NEISD.
- Students who score in this range are typically 2-3 years ahead of their peers and have the ability to do the level of work set by the GT teacher and Gifted and Talented Curriculum.