Calling all singers!
It’s time to join the Bobcat Choir!
What is the Bobcat Choir?
The Bobcat Choir is an after school ensemble available to 4th and 5th graders who love to sing! You will go a little bit further than in music class and learn the next steps in becoming an experienced musician. This is a valuable experience for any musical group you may be interested in joining in Middle or High School. You will have a lot of fun performing at Stone Oak and around the community, and you get to meet a lot of new people!
Where does the choir perform?
We perform at Stone Oak and in several other places around San Antonio. More information about performances will be coming home as soon as they are scheduled.
When does choir meet?
This year, choir will be meeting every Monday after school from 2:45-3:45. Please report to Mrs. Carlson’s room as soon as the dismissal bell rings. Each choir member will need a parent or alternate adult available to pick them up from Stone Oak right at 3:45. Pick up is in the front of the school. Students may also go to KINS or walk home.
What happens if I am sick on a choir day?
If you are not able to come to choir because you are sick, have an appointment, or another excused absence, please bring Mrs. Carlson or Mrs. Kalanquin a note from a parent (or email) stating the reason for your absence. If you just send a note to the office, we do not see it and are not aware that you were sick. With a parent note, this will be marked as an excused absence. If we do not receive a note, it will be counted as unexcused. According to Stone Oak club guidelines, three unexcused absences will result in dismissal from the group.
Other Club Reminders:
- You must maintain an S or an E in conduct and passing grades to participate in clubs
- If you are an afternoon patrol, you have permission to come to choir when you are finished with your duty (usually around 3:00.)
- Choir will only meet through December.
- Because our performances are in December, there will be holiday music involved
- Choir does require a uniform (you will get an order form for our Stone Oak Choir t-shirt)