Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor's Degree: Education K-8 Master's Degree: Educational Leadership GT Certified
Ms. Charlene Danielson M Ed
Welcome to the GT classroom!
I am excited to work with students to enhance, fine tune, develop, and increase the amazing abilities they already have, as well as develop new skills on our wonderful journey in GT this year!
Being in the Gifted and Talented classroom is an adventure in learning! We set goals, problem solve, develop critical thinking skills, and learn by using different types of routines and habits of thinking such as divergent thinking , convergent thinking, visual thinking, and evaluative thinking (Click on any of the links to learn more about them).
As you know, communication is the key to success. Communication is an art and requires a lot of tools in a person's belt to be successful in life. We engage in thought provoking dialogue and use the Six Thinking Hats and Depth and Complexity frameworks to guide our decision-making, thinking, and learning.
I cannot wait to see where this adventure takes us this year!
Some tidbits about me:
- This is my 26th year teaching.
- I am happiest when I listen to music.
- I commute a long distance, so I have a large audiobook collection (and counting).
- I am fluent in American Sign Language.
- I am a published STEAM writer for Rosen.
- I had the honor of teaching teachers how to teach science and math as a science curriculum and instructional specialist for 6 years and a science and math curriculum and instructional coach for 6 years.
- I own a shaved ice business and a small private orchard.
- I love going to the movies.
MONDAY- First Grade 8:15-11:15 and Second Grade 12:00 - 3:05 Specials/Conference Period 8:50 - 9:40
TUESDAY- Kinder 8:15-9:00 and 3rd Grade- 9:00-3:05 Lunch 11:00 - 11:30; Specials/Conference Period 11:45 - 12:35
WEDNESDAY- 4th Grade- Lunch 12:00-12:30; Specials/Conference Period 1:30 -2:20
THURSDAY- 5th Grade Lunch 12:20-12:50; Specials/Conference Period 2:25-3:15
FRIDAY- Leadership Meeting; 5th Grade Enrichment; Kinder 10:30 - 11:30; Lunch 11:30-12:00 12:00-12:30 Travel to Meeting 12:30-4:00 GT Meetings/PLC/Conference