Serving Grades K through 5
For the past two years, Hidden Forest Elementary has received all six TEA distinctions two years in a row, 2017/18 and 2018/19.
The milestone of a Leader in Me Lighthouse School was awarded to Hidden Forest. We use the 7 Habits of Happy Kids and incorporate them into our classrooms, learning, and school atmosphere. At Hidden Forest, everyone is a leader and we work on helping students and staff identify the leadership qualities within each of us.
Hidden Forest has been selected as a 2001 and 2007 Blue Ribbon School by the United States Department of Education. The Blue Ribbon, the most prestigious education award in the country, distinguishes Hidden Forest Elementary for its excellence in leadership, teaching, curriculum, student achievement, parent involvement, and community support. In 2007, Hidden Forest was only one of only 264 elementary schools nationwide and one of 32 in Texas chosen for this exemplary recognition.
We educate children academically and socially, providing learning and growth to help students gain the skills to be independent, productive, and successful in their future.
We will foster problem-solving and leadership skills to prepare all students to transform the future through collaboration and innovation.
- We are caring, friendly, and kind. Team members put students’ needs first in their decision-making. Staff provides help, support, motivation, encouragement, and inspiration. Each staff member is a good coach to other team members and students.
- We communicate and listen well with parents through various means about student progress.
- We collaborate with each other in order to develop lessons and curriculum that challenge each student every day. Team members empathize with and support each other, respecting the contributions of other team members.
- We are knowledgeable and pursue learning opportunities in order to improve our own skills. Team members pursue growth in order to provide an innovative and creative learning environment for students.
- We go above and beyond to provide students with the knowledge, skills, and tools needed for them to succeed. Staff are critical thinkers and problem solvers, able to make connections across complex ideas.
Administration and Support Values
- We support teachers with resources, guidance, and assistance in order to enable teachers to meet students’ needs.
- We are actively engaged in the school, spending time in classrooms, working with students, and supporting the work of the teachers.
- We support a positive environment by working to ensure that all team members and students uphold our shared values of respect and hard work.
- We communicate with and listen to team members, parents, and community members in order to understand various viewpoints and provide coordination among stakeholders in order to achieve short-term and long-term goals.
Family and Community Values
- We will feel welcome and be active partners in our children’s education by participating, to the extent we are able, in PTA, Watch DOGS, and other volunteer opportunities.
- We will work closely with teachers by communicating regularly about our children and support them at home to complete projects and homework.
- We will ensure that children are at school each day on time so that they are able to get maximum benefit from their learning opportunities.
- We will be part of the continual improvement process by sharing ideas and concerns, and actively supporting and participating in improvement efforts.
- We will read and write frequently, think critically, apply math and science to real world problems, and understand human connection through social studies.
- We will be empathetic and kind to each other, treating others with respect. We will learn to communicate and listen well and consider others’ points of view.
- We will come to school on time, prepared to learn, and work hard to get the most out of our learning opportunities each day.
- We will have opportunities to participate in learning experiences that help us grow, including exceptional core content, art, music, PE, and leadership opportunities.
- We will have time to play, socialize, and be kids.
Please take a few moments to become familiar with our Student Handbook and Code of Conduct. North East ISD schools foster a climate of equity and mutual respect for the rights of others. Students are expected to respect the rights and privileges of other students, teachers, and school employees.Read the Handbook
Our Programs & Affiliations
North East ISD proudly provides the community with a wide variety of choices in public education, especially through its magnet schools and programs. These offer a variety of teaching approaches that help customize a student's educational program.