Your Family Specialist
Degrees and Certifications:
ACTIVATE CSS IF THERE IS NO FAMILY SPECIALIST
The mission of the North East ISD Family Engagement program is to build family engagement between parents, the school, and the community by facilitating communication; assisting students and families who are experiencing barriers; and, empowering parents to fulfill their role as their child’s first teacher.
Family Specialists are available to all NEISD families. They assist in various ways, such as:
provide families with information from the district, community agencies, city and state institutions, and any other organizations that might benefit those with specific needs;
- facilitate and conduct parent-education classes, counseling and mentoring;
- assist students and families to reach their maximum educational benefits;
- provide support to those who are in an emotional or financial crisis.
Family Engagement Courses
Family Engagement Course are free to all parents, grandparents, or community members. Participants are offered information on a wide variety of subjects.
- Parenting Classes
- Life Skills and Essential Knowledge
- Academic Skills
- Health, Nutrition, and Safety
- Leadership and Community Service
Upcoming Classes & Workshops
There are no upcoming events to display.