San Antonio is home to the country’s second-largest concentration of cybersecurity experts and nearly 40 cybersecurity companies have headquarters in San Antonio. NEISD wants to create a space that prepares students for the workforce and introduce them to an industry that has infinite potential.
CyberSecurity is the practice of defending computers, servers, mobile devices, electronic systems, networks, and data from malicious attacks. The global cyber threat continues to evolve at a rapid pace, with a rising number of data breaches each year, but the CyberSecurity talent shortage hit 3.4 million positions according to the (ISC)² 2022 Cybersecurity Workforce Study.
- Students will receive transportation to iCSI for 2 class periods each day—earning them two credit hours of instruction.
- Students will experience working with industry-standard hardware, software, and platforms.
- Students will learn from industry professionals in addition to highly-qualified NEISD instructors via in-person and virtual instruction.
- Students will have opportunities to go on-site visits for hands-on experience with the cybersecurity job landscape of San Antonio.
- Students will have opportunities to compete in cybersecurity competitions, both in-person and online.
- Students will be able to participate in community service within the cybersecurity industry through mentorship, instruction, and club opportunities.
- Students will be able to build relationships with community stakeholders in the area of cybersecurity on personal and professional levels.