Nearly 40 cybersecurity companies have headquarters located in San Antonio, making the Alamo City the second largest concentration of cybersecurity experts in the United States. NEISD has invested in the future of our students by creating the ICSI magnet school program with an educational focus that introduces and prepares students for the careers of the future.
CyberSecurity jobs include the skillsets of analyzing, assessing, developing, operating and defending computers, servers, mobile devices, electronic systems, networks and data from malicious attacks. The global cyber threat continues to evolve at a rapid pace with a growing number of data breaches and the increasing CyberSecurity workforce shortage hit 3.4 million positions according to the (ISC)² 2022 Cybersecurity Workforce Study.
Discover the Possibilities
- Students earn two credit hours of instruction while receiving daily transportation to ICSI for 2 class periods
- Students experience working with industry-standard hardware, software, and platforms
- Students learn from both cybersecurity workforce professionals and highly-qualified NEISD instructors
- Students have the opportunity for on-site visits for hands-on experience with cybersecurity companies in San Antonio
- Students can compete in various competitions
- Students can build relationships with stakeholders associated with cybersecurity institutions
- Students are able to participate in community service within the cybersecurity industry through mentorship, instruction, and club opportunities