Interested in applying to NESA?
Students are accepted to NESA only through an Application and Audition Process. For all majors EXCEPT Visual Art, we accept incoming 9th and 10th graders. Incoming 11th graders will be considered on a case by case basis. Visual Art will accept only incoming 9th graders. NESA requires students to complete at least four semesters as a NESA student in order to graduate with a NESA diploma.
Three rounds of auditions will be held for acceptance in the 2022-23 school year:
- Applications due October 8 for auditions on October 16, 2021;
- Applications due January 14 for auditions on January 22, 2022;
- Applications due April 1 for auditions on April 9, 2022.
In order to apply, you MUST submit all of the following AT LEAST ONE WEEK PRIOR TO THE AUDITION DATE:
- ONLINE APPLICATION
- Grade Transcript from current school
- 2 Recommendation letters, one from a teacher and one from a guidance counselor
- 300-500 word typed essay (required for applicants in Creative Writing, Cinema, Instrumental Music, Technical Theatre and Visual Arts) addressing the topic "Why I Should Be Considered for NESA."
- Additional requirements for each major: click on your target major below to see detailed audition instructions for specific majors.
Please address questions about the application process to firstname.lastname@example.org