Get to Know Castle Hills Elementary
Welcome to Castle Hills Elementary!
Castle Hills Elementary is the only NEISD Elementary Magnet and Year-Round School.
We are proud to be a Leader in Me Lighthouse School!
Castle Hills Elementary School will consistently develop successful learners who feel a sense of pride while achieving excellence in all areas through thinking, leading, and caring...Continuously.
Castle Hills Elementary School is the only elementary magnet program in North East ISD, which means parents may choose to send their children here if they live within six feeder school areas, live in the Castle Hills attendance zone, or apply for School Choice from any NEISD schools. This gives the school a unique and rich mix of student backgrounds and cultures from around the District. The faculty and staff of Castle Hills, as well as NEISD administration, have a strong commitment to this special program.
Upon enrolling, parents and students agree to uphold responsibilities to support and follow the school Student Code of Conduct, complete all academic work, and cooperate with the school’s policies and procedures to remain at Castle Hills. Castle Hills is one of many schools in the District that operates as a Leader in Me School, promoting leadership in all aspects of students’ educational experience.
- Castle Hills Elementary School opened its doors in 1951 and was the first elementary school in North East ISD.
- Castle Hills began operating as a year-round campus in the 1992-1993 school year.
- Castle Hills has been recognized by national and state organizations with the following awards: -Governor’s Award for Excellence -U.S. Dept. of Education Site Visitation -National Blue Ribbon Winner -Texas Blue Ribbon Winner
- Castle Hills provides extracurricular activities, such as an annual school play, clubs and after-school art enrichment classes.
- Other strong components of the program are certified P.E., Art, Music, and Makerspace teachers who emphasize enrichment. Students experience all classes from degreed teachers, and students learn in depth curriculum with an emphasis on enrichment, STEM, social emotional learning, and arts integration.