Family Engagement Liaison
Degrees and Certifications:
My name is Ana Bernal. It is an honor and a privilege to be part of Steubing Ranch Faculty. I graduated from the University of Texas San Antonio with a bachelor's degree in Interdisciplinary Studies with a concentration in Bilingual Education. I am very excited to be and serve you as your Family Specialist.
Mi nombre es Ana Bernal. Es un honor y orgullo de formar parte del equipo de Steubing Ranch. Yo recibi la licenciatura de educacion bilingue de la Universidad de Texas en San Antonio. Estoy muy emocionada de servirles como su Especialista de Familias.
Family Engagement creates and sustains partnerships with students, families, and the community to ensure high levels of learning for all.
Family Specialists are available to all NEISD families. They assist in various ways, such as:
provide families with information from the district, community agencies, city and state institutions, and any other organizations that might benefit those with specific needs;
- facilitate and conduct parent-education classes, counseling and mentoring;
- assist students and families to reach their maximum educational benefits;
- provide support to those who are in an emotional or financial crisis.
Family Engagement Courses
Family Engagement Course are free to all parents, grandparents, or community members. Participants are offered information on a wide variety of subjects.
- Parenting Classes
- Life Skills and Essential Knowledge
- Academic Skills
- Health, Nutrition, and Safety
- Leadership and Community Service
Upcoming Classes & Workshops