RootEd is a 501c3 grassroots organization that promotes neighborhood public schools through storytelling, advocacy, and education. We believe a strong public school system for all children creates a robust economy and well-connected community.
To ensure a free public education for all students remains a pillar of American society.
What We Do:
- Promote our neighborhood schools through storytelling and marketing
- Dispel myths about public schools through conversations and introducing parents to their neighborhood schools
- Ensure parents understand the truth about public school funding and what it means to them personally and to our community
- Educate the public on pro-public education legislation and candidates
- Provide parents a search option for information on neighborhood schools using the hashtag #RootEdNameOfSchool
What is the difference between RootEd and PTA?
We have a wonderful relationship with PTA and often work closely with school PTA boards. We like to say that RootEd focuses on getting families in the doors of schools (outward marketing) and then PTA takes over to get families plugged in and involved. We encourage our RootEd Reps to work closely with PTA to market their events to potential future families and to connect feeder schools to one another at these events so that elementary families see the opportunities at the middle school and high school levels. (For example, the RootEd Rep could arrange for the High School’s drumline or cheerleaders to come to PTA’s carnival.)
What is the relationship between RootEd and Go Public?
Go Public and RootEd have worked together closely since RootEd’s beginning. Recently, Go Public and RootEd began a grassroots campaign together in which RootEd recruits and trains school level “RootEd Reps” (typically parents) in Go Public member districts to help tell the school’s story from their perspective.