KINDERGARTEN Grading Policy
1 = Student is unable to exhibit skill even with direct guidance. Additional instruction is needed.
2 = Student exhibits skill with minimal guidance. Reinforcement needed.
3 = Student exhibits skills independently and consistently.
4 = Student understanding goes beyond grade level expectation.
FIRST-FIFTH GRADE Grading Policy
E= Achievement is excellent
- Student consistently demonstrates mastery of TEKS and NEISD Standards exceeding grade-level expectations
- Student puts forth maximum effort, demonstrates self-motivation in meeting learning objectives
- Student has above-average grades on written work, where appropriate
S= Achievement is satisfactory
- Student demonstrates mastery of TEKS and NEISD Standards at grade-level
- Student puts forth expected effort, with minimal redirection to meet learning objectives
- Student has average grades on written work, where appropriate
N= Achievement needs improvement
- Student performs below standard expectations (student satisfies less than 70% of TEKS and NEISD Standards)
- Student puts forth minimal effort
- Student has below average grades on written work, where appropriate
How does the numeric grade assigned in parent portal transfer to the final report card?
E = 95
S = 85
N = 75
U = 65
First Grade TEKS Second Grade TEKS Third Grade TEKS Fourth Grade TEKS Fifth Grade TEKS