We invite you to tour our campus to see firsthand what it means to be part of our school family. Our tours will be led by a school staff member and are great for parents and guardians who are interested in becoming a Walzem Colt. Please see below to learn how to attend a tour.
Arrange a Visit
All NEISD campuses have an administrative office that can help you plan your visit. You can arrange to have an individual campus tour or join in with other families and interested students.
Tours are intended for parents and guardians of potential NEISD students.
Please Note: Our principal would love to meet you. They will try their best to greet you at some point during your tour when/if scheduling and circumstances permit.
What to Expect
Most campus visits will include the following:
- Information Session: A campus representative talks to you or your group about the school and its unique opportunities offered on campus.
- Campus Tour: You’ll see the main parts of the campus and have a chance to ask questions.
If you have any specific areas of interest, be sure to let the campus know, so that they can try to accomodate.
For questions or to register by phone or email, please call 210-407-8400.
Discover Walzem! Where...
- We have a Dual Language program.
- Students can participate in clubs like Choir, Percussion Club, Vex Robotics Club, Sports Clubs, Ballet Folklorico, Girls Run Club, and Safety Patrols.
- Our Family Specialist offers various community courses, including: a GED class in Spanish, Mommy and Me classes, and Sewing 101.
- We participate in the Ron Clark house system and "sort" all students and staff into a house to increase camaraderie and school spirit.
- Our PTA hosts various community events throughout the year, including a Spooktacular Academic Night, the Bike Rodeo, and various student performances.