Your Family Specialist
Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Cindy Ford
I have been a Family Specialist at Ridgeview Elementary for over 15 years. I am a graduate of the University of Incarnate Word with a background in Child Psychology and a specialty in families and Chemical Addiction . I have been in the field of helping families and children for over 20 years. I am the proud mother of 1 daughter , Sarah , who is also pursuing a career in the helping profession.
My passion is in helping families overcome adverse challenges and to help them to live healthy and productive lives.
Family Engagement creates and sustains partnerships with students, families, and the community to ensure high levels of learning for all.
Family Specialists are available to all NEISD families. They assist in various ways, such as:
provide families with information from the district, community agencies, city and state institutions, and any other organizations that might benefit those with specific needs;
- facilitate and conduct parent-education classes, counseling and mentoring;
- assist students and families to reach their maximum educational benefits;
- provide support to those who are in an emotional or financial crisis.
Family Engagement Courses
Family Engagement Course are free to all parents, grandparents, or community members. Participants are offered information on a wide variety of subjects.
PreK - 5th Family Engagement Guides
- Parenting Classes
- Life Skills and Essential Knowledge
- Academic Skills
- Health, Nutrition, and Safety
- Leadership and Community Service
Upcoming Classes & Workshops
Catalogs & Flyers