Multimedia Arts – Animation and Video Game Design
About Our ProgramThe Graphic Design and Multimedia Arts program of study explores the occupations and educational opportunities associated with designing or creating graphics to meet specific commercial or promotional needs, such as packaging, displays, or logos. This program of study may also include exploration into designing clothing and accessories, and creating special effects, animation, or other visual images using film, video, computers, or other electronic tools and media, for use in computer games, movies, music videos, and commercials.
Common Roles of A Multimedia Animator:
- Create graphics and animation using computer programs and illustration
- Work with a team of animators and artists to create a movie, game, or visual effect
- Research upcoming projects to help create a realistic design or animation
- Develop storyboards that map out key scenes in the animation
- Edit animation and effects based on feedback from directors, head animators, game designers, or clients
- Meet with clients, head animators, games designers, and directors to review deadlines and development timelines
Animator Job Facts
Job growth for this group is expected to grow 8% from 2016-2026. This is about as fast as average for all occupation, with the salary for Multimedia Animators in Texas averaging $72,910.
Job opportunities for animators and multimedia artists can be found all over the U.S. However, five states have the highest employment levels. California has the highest, followed by Texas, New York, Georgia, and Florida.
Related Industries: Motion Picture and Video, Computer Systems Design, Software Publishing, Advertising, Public Relations, and Related Services
Job Roles and facts gathered from “Multimedia Animator.” CareerExplorer, www.careerexplorer.com/careers/multimedia-animator/.
Animation and Video Game Design Pathways
- Principles of Art, Audio/Video Technology, and Communications**
- 3-D Modeling and Animation (counts as a fine arts credit)
- Video Game Design
- Animation I
- Game Programming and Design
- Animation II with Lab (2 Credits - 2 Periods)
- Advanced Video Game Programming
- Practicum in Animation with Virtual Production Lab (2 Credit - 2 Periods)
INDUSTRY BASED CERTIFICATION
- Adobe Certified Professional
- Unreal Engine
* Offered at DATA Middle School
** Offered at both DATA Middle School and DATA High School