Design & Arts
About Our ProgramThe Design & Arts program of study explores the creative processes as students gain experience, develop confidence, and find their artistic voice. Students will engage in a broad range of techniques, and skill explorations from classical to contemporary mediums, creativity, and self-expression.
Potential Design & Arts Careers:Art Direction, Craft and Fine Arts, Fashion Design, Graphic Design, Multimedia Art, and Animation.
Design & Arts Job Facts
The graphic designer job market is expected to grow by 4.2% between 2016 and 2026, with the salary for Graphic Designers in Texas averaging $50,700.
The craft artist job market is expected to grow by 4.8% between 2016 and 2026, with the salary for Craft Artist in Texas averaging $36,730.
The interior designer job market is expected to grow by 4.5% between 2016 and 2026, with the salary for Interior Designer in Texas averaging $51,630.
Job Roles and facts gathered from “Grahpic Design Degree.” CareerExplorer, www.careerexplorer.com/degrees/graphicdesign/.
Design & Arts Pathway
- Art I Honors
- Art II Photography Honors
- Digital Art & Media II
- Arts and Entertainment Technology (OnRamps)
- Digital Art & Media III
- AP Studio Art 2D Design
- AP Studio Art 3D Design
- Practicum in Commercial Photography -- Internship (2 Credits -- 2 Periods)
INDUSTRY BASED CERTIFICATION
- Adobe Certified Associate –Photoshop
- Adobe Certified Associate –Premier Pro
- Adobe Certified Associate –Illustrator
- Adobe Certified Professional –Photoshop
- Adobe Certified Professional –Premiert Pro
- Adobe Certified Professional –Illustrator
- Final Cut Pro
- Adobe Creative Cloud
* Offered at DATA Middle School
** Offered at both DATA Middle School and DATA High School