information for students

School Nutrition Services



How do I get in touch with the School Nutrition office?

We are located at 3623 Highpoint Street, San Antonio, Texas 78217.

Our phone number is 210-356-9100 and our fax number is 210-657-8920.


What happens to my child’s cafeteria account balance at the end of the school year?

Cafeteria account balances are carried forward each school year. All money remaining in your child's account on the last day of school will be your child's beginning balance the next school year.  The funds will remain in the account even if your child transfers to another school within North East ISD.

Graduating students or students transferring out of North East ISD will need to request a refund or transfer of funds to a sibling’s meal account through the School Nutrition office. If your account is funded through MyLunchMoney’s auto pay feature, you must discontinue the auto pay service before a refund or transfer may be made.


How can I prepay for my child’s meals?

We offer a convenient prepayment solution through You may sign up by registering at or calling 1-855-832-5226. You may also bring a check payable to your school’s cafeteria to the cafeteria manager or students may pay in cash.  Returned checks will be recovered electronically along with the state allowed fee.


How can I check my child’s account balance?

Your child’s account balance and a complete history of purchases may be viewed through the Parent Portal. If you have not yet registered, go to the Parent Portal link to sign up or call 210-805-5315 for more information.


Can my child charge meals if there is no money in his/her account?

Students cannot charge meals that will make balance exceed set limits. Elementary students may charge meals up to $15.
Middle school students may charge meals up to $10.
High school students cannot charge meals.
Students may not purchase a la carte or "extra" items without available funds.


What happens if my child has no money and cannot charge a meal?

Elementary and Middle School students that have reached their charge limit will not be able to charge meals but will be offered a snack and beverage until their negative balance has been paid. High School students will not be allowed to charge meals and no alternate "snack" will be offered.


How can I apply for free or reduced price meals for my child?

You may fill out an application at any time during the school year for free or reduced price meals. Apply online or complete the application distributed at the beginning of the school year or request an application at your school. See our Free & Reduced Meals page for more information.


Why do school staff and adult visitors have to pay more for meals than students?

The School Nutrition department receives federal reimbursement for each student meal served in the district.
We do not receive federal reimbursement for meals sold to school staff and adult visitors and are required to charge more for these meals to cover our costs. The cost of a school meal is significantly less than what people pay at a restaurant for the same type or amount of food.


Where can I find the breakfast and lunch menus?

Links to the online menus are accessible on the district home page by clicking on subheading “Cafeteria” under the STUDENT LINK section.


What are the nutrient requirements of school meals?

School meals must meet the applicable recommendations of the Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2010, which recommend no more than 30% of calories come from fat and less than 10% from saturated fat.  Regulations also establish a standard for school lunches to provide one-third of the Recommended Dietary Allowances of iron, calcium, protein, vitamin A, vitamin C, and calories.


Where can I find more details about the nutritional value of school meals served at NEISD?

School meal nutrient values are found under the Menu Nutrient Analysis tab on the right side of our web site home page.  Explore our Nutrition and Health pages for more information or you can Ask the Dietitian if you have a specific question.


Can I request an alternate meal if my child has a food allergy or disability that limits the types of foods they can safely consume?

Parents need to request a "Special Diet" form from the school nurse or print it from our web site. This form must be filled out and signed by the child's physician yearly. The School Nutrition department will provide a meal based on the documented disability.  Meal prices for these students are the same as regular meals.

We are unable to provide alternate meal accommodations for non-medical reasons.  Please contact Katy Bowen, Nutrition Education and Wellness Coordinator at 210-356-9114 if you have questions about the menu options. 


Are the school kitchens inspected by the local health department?

Yes. The school kitchens are required to be inspected twice each school year. You can view inspection results on our web site. They are located on the Department Overview tab. Latest inspection results are also posted in each kitchen and with the health department.

School Nutrition Services

3623 Highpoint

San Antonio, Texas 78217


The U.S Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)  If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish).USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

Updated July 15, 2013

[Return to Menus Page]