The Leader in Me
Learning Today. Leading Tomorrow.
Today’s changing world has a whole new set of rules. Give your students the tools to develop essential life skills and characteristics they’ll need for success in the 21st century.
We only get one chance to prepare our students for a future that none of us can possibly predict. What are we going to do with that one chance?
The world has entered an era of the most profound and challenging change in human history. In addition, studies have identified what is referred to as a "'skills gap"—a difference in how students are prepared for the workforce and the skills and character traits employers want that match the demands of today’s global economy. What if our children could be better prepared to meet the future challenges of our ever-changing world?
The Leader in Me process helps develop the essential life skills and characteristics students need in order to thrive in the 21st century. The Leader in Me process is designed to be integrated into a school’s core curriculum and everyday language so that it isn’t "'one more thing" teachers and administrators have to do. It becomes part of the culture gaining momentum and producing improved results year after year, benefiting schools and students in the following ways:
- Develops students who have the skills and self-confidence to succeed as leaders in the 21st century.
- Decreases discipline referrals.
- Teaches and develops character and leadership through existing core curriculum.
- Improves academic achievement.
- Raises levels of accountability and engagement among both parents and staff.
The Leader in Me process also helps to create a common language within a school built on proven principle-based leadership skills found in Dr. Stephen R. Covey’s best-selling book, "The 7 habits of Highly Effective People":
- Habit 1: Be Proactive© - You're in Charge
- Habit 2: Begin With the End in Mind© - Have a Plan
- Habit 3: Put First Things First © - Work First, Then Play
- Habit 4: Think Win-Win© - Everyone can Win
- Habit 5: Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood© - Listen Before You Talk
- Habit 6: Synergize© - Together Is Better
- Habit 7: Sharpen the Saw© - Balance Feels Best
The Leader in Me link: http://www.theleaderinme.org/
©2004 FranklinCovey All Rights Reserved.